Are there any giant centipedes (Scolopendra genus) that are suitable for beginner invert keepers?

Taffy

Arachnoknight
With regards to the NA Scolopendra species, or the 2 most well known anyways which are the S. heros and S. polymorpha, it seems most say they're less defensive w/ less potent venom than the Asian pedes. The S. heros appears it can still give a pretty painful and nasty bite even if not as bad as an Asian pede. The S. polymorpha less so. That's all just what I've heard anyways.
from my experience S. polymorpha bites are like being poked by a needle, not painful at all :)

heros420

Arachnopeon
nah, S. heros is WAY worse than any asian pede bite ive ever had. i’ve been bit by S. dehaani and S. subspinipes many times and they were no where near as bad as my S. heros bite. there we necrosis from my heros bite, it was also probably the most painful thing i’ve ever felt. i was sweating so much, hot flashes/cold flashes, headaches, etc. i may have had an allergic reaction to the venom but this is just my experience. it was incredibly painful
same, I would much rather take an S. subspinipes bite than an S. heros any day!

Taffy

Arachnoknight
same, I would much rather take an S. subspinipes bite than an S. heros any day!
me too. i’ve been hit by S. subspinipes and S. dehaani many times and they were NOTHING compared to S. heros bite. god that was probably the second worst pain of my life. god awful.

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
me too. i’ve been hit by S. subspinipes and S. dehaani many times and they were NOTHING compared to S. heros bite. god that was probably the second worst pain of my life. god awful.
What was the worst pain? I had always been under the impression that the Asian pedes were the absolute worst as far as pede bites go but you guys are making it sound like S. heros really is no joke.

Taffy

Arachnoknight
What was the worst pain? I had always been under the impression that the Asian pedes were the absolute worst as far as pede bites go but you guys are making it sound like S. heros really is no joke.
oh i’m saying second worst pain i’ve ever felt in general. worst pain i ever felt was healing from getting my tonsils removed when i was 15. my healing process got messed up so the scabs in the back of my throat kept falling off and cracking.

heros420

Arachnopeon
Yeah heros can be absolutely brutal but the worst pain I’ve ever experience came from a Ethmostigmus Rubripes spinous true Indian sapphire which made S. Spinosisima and S. Heros feel like poking a pin into your hand. But really S. Subspinipes is way over dramatized and I was honestly almost kinda insulted when I first got bitten that it was really wasn’t that bad.