Are there any docile blue Tarantulas?

jeryst

Arachnopeon
I dont have any colorful T's, and I think the blue ones are really beautiful. However, the ones I have read about, like the Cobalt Blue, seem to be nasty tempered.

Are there any blue T's that are docile and able to be handled?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Many of the Avicularia tarantulas are fairly blue.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Green Bottle Blues seem to be pretty docile. Mine is still small though so I don't know if it is or not.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My GBB has always been really docile. One of the few I have handled.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A metallica is your' best bet for a more docile blue species.

They are truly beautiful. And while they are a little skittish, I have handled mine quite a bit with no issues whatsoever.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
My GBB has always been really docile. One of the few I have handled.
Mine was very quick to kick hairs and display threat postures...I don't know if it really would have bit but I was convinced to leave it alone ;)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
My GBB is a doll. They can be skittish and flick hairs but once she is out she smiles and pants like a puppy. {D

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had GBBs throw up threats like an obt, or be a kitten. It really depends...however, I haven't seen a nasty avic. Ever. I'm sure they are out there, but they are definitely less skittish in general than a GBB. GBBs are cute though!

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have yet to see a true-blue Avic. Save for when they are slings. Otherwise, I'm sure this species is not what he had in mind.

I've had two cobalts, and though this goes against the norm, they were both exceedingly docile. You could hold them, pet them, etc. They tolerated it all. The least aggressive/defensive spiders I've ever owned. Each spider has its own personality. If you see a spider you want, get it. Don't let stereotypical boundries prevent you. You never know. You may just end up with a real sweet-heart. :)

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have yet to see a true-blue Avic. Save for when they are slings. Otherwise, I'm sure this species is not what he had in mind.

I've had two cobalts, and though this goes against the norm, they were both exceedingly docile. You could hold them, pet them, etc. They tolerated it all. The least aggressive/defensive spiders I've ever owned. Each spider has its own personality. If you see a spider you want, get it. Don't let stereotypical boundries prevent you. You never know. You may just end up with a real sweet-heart. :)
You should have witnessed me unpacking my cobalt when i got it...

I would reccomend the C.Fasciatum,as they are a sweet species.mine is a little spunky,but really cool none the less.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, poecilotheria metallica is pretty docile, i have alot of them, and neither have yet to give me a threat display. They can be handled, but is not adviceable though. They do have more potent venom. But you should really have no problem caring for them. But of course the price is somewhat higher than gbb´s.

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you can find them, I suppose the most docile blue spiders would be Euathlus sp. blue, or Hommoeoma sp. blue.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Hmm...both my A metallicas are much more blue than my last H lividum. Interesting. I don't recall the op stating he didn't want Avics either...I'll have to go reread his post.