Are terrarium "air plants" okay for scorpion enclosures ?

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
Building custom set ups for a wall design I have, but wondering if air plants for terrariums, can be used? Some have a nicer look than what I can find online or in store, but not sure how they fair for arachnid health. Thanks in advance for tips.

Ranitomeya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tillandsias will require very good ventilation in order to dry quickly after being given water or else they fare poorly. They're also pretty demanding on light, so quite the opposite of scorpions.
You will want to choose a Tillandsia adapted to xeric conditions since low humidity will quickly dry out the moisture-loving species. As things get too dry, you'll find that their leaves start to curl from the edges inwards. If this happens, it's a sign that things are too dry or you're not watering them enough. Spraying is sufficient for maintaining hydration, but for growth, they need regular watering from something similar to a few hours of rainfall. You can soak them in a bucket to get them well-hydrated, but if you leave them too long or don't provide them with adequate ventilation to dry quickly afterwards, they will rot.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I'll keep this in mind, probably not safe considering I'll be placing them in with dessert scorpions. I was hoping I could work it out but if they require lots of constant humidity it may not fair out well for the scorpions. ( arabian fat tail scorpion is one for example. )

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wouldn't do live plants with desert species because they are susceptible to mycosis and most desert species like to burrow. For burrowing clay and sand is ideal to hold burrows and when clay is wet it loses it's strength.

Now if I were going to do it I would do it with a species that is a lazy digger that opts for scrapes and crevices than tunneling. I would also look into needleless cacti or succulents in a pot buried in the substrate.