Are springtails safe for Forest scorpions?

defc0de

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have a couple of H. Longimanus, H. Spnifers and P. Imperators setup and I keep them in high humidity enclosures. Problem is the driftwood I place inside gets mold all the time. One enthusiast I know suggested using springtails to "eat" down the mold buildup. Is it safe for both my small (1-2i longi's) and large scorpions?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
To my limited knowledge, springtails will only eat mold/decaying matter. They should never attempt to harm any living animal, no matter how big or small. I also heavily recommend springtails or isopods. They are a very “safe bet” will little risk and effective results. IME they are not something you put in to take away mold, but prevent it from coming back after putting in new sub :) Hope this helps

defc0de

Arachnopeon
To my limited knowledge, springtails will only eat mold/decaying matter. They should never attempt to harm any living animal, no matter how big or small. I also heavily recommend springtails or isopods. They are a very “safe bet” will little risk and effective results. IME they are not something you put in to take away mold, but prevent it from coming back after putting in new sub :) Hope this helps
thanks for the info!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Springtails will eat the mold and won't cause harm to your scorpion. Go for it

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi, I have a couple of H. Longimanus, H. Spnifers and P. Imperators setup and I keep them in high humidity enclosures. Problem is the driftwood I place inside gets mold all the time. One enthusiast I know suggested using springtails to "eat" down the mold buildup. Is it safe for both my small (1-2i longi's) and large scorpions?
Spring tails are fine, if you want isopods Never go for anything larger than the Dwarf White isopods some of the larger ones are protein eaters and will devour molting inverts. Have a good 2 inches of leaf litter on top of your substrate and that will keep the dwarf whites happy and the spring tails nice and moist.