Are my holes to big?

AshS

Arachnosquire
So my Versicolor has molted and is much bigger than she was, haven't got an exact measument but she is pushing 1" now. So the problem I have, is when Is ordered the sling I built this 20170428_205108.jpg however, when the sling arrived she was much smaller than I anticipated, so I put her in a tall pot with screw lid, which I hate as the lid realy disturbs her when I open it.
So now she is bigger Is she big enough to go in her proper enclosure? if she is do you think she could get out of these air holes? 14953528908891175565849.jpg I previously lost a G. Rosea sling which escaped through an air hole so I'm a bit paranoid. What are your thoughts?

Ash

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
If the hole is smaller than the spider's carapace, then an escape is not very likely. If it is hard to tell if the carapace is larger than the hole, I personally would give the spider a different enclosure.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!!!

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY FORUM.

Absolutely disssssssgusting.

As above. Also have you got a bigger enclosure you could put that in that has smaller holes still? If you have it'll just give you peace of mind if you know your little bundle of joy can't fully escape.

Lucashank

Arachnosquire
I BEG YOUR PARDON!!!!!

THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY FORUM.

Absolutely disssssssgusting.

As above. Also have you got a bigger enclosure you could put that in that has smaller holes still? If you have it'll just give you peace of mind if you know your little bundle of joy can't fully escape.
Truth be told, the iffy title is what caught my attention. :embarrassed:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yes, you sloshpot! Prayeth that the Loa doth tighten your holes.

All jokes aside.

Rule of thumb is that if the hole is smaller than the carapace of the spider then the spider shouldn't be able to squeeze through, it's always best to err on the side of caution though so if you're not sure then go with another enclosure with smaller holes.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Best thing you can do to find out if it can escape is put the smaller enclosure inside another larger one, that way if it does escape it's still going to be in the larger container and not loose somewhere in your house. ;) I've done this with centipedes several times and it's worked perfectly...

AshS

Arachnosquire
So my sling has actuly been rather helpfull. She was on the side of her pot stretching out after her molt yesterday. So not only have I been able to measure her (I was right out her hitting 1") I was also able to size her against the air holes on her next enclosure, and I'm fairly sure she can't fit through. And obviously she is still soft and growing atm.
so once she's hard she's going in. (Started on a risky sentence, end on a risky sentence)

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
So my sling has actuly been rather helpfull. She was on the side of her pot stretching out after her molt yesterday. So not only have I been able to measure her (I was right out her hitting 1") I was also able to size her against the air holes on her next enclosure, and I'm fairly sure she can't fit through. And obviously she is still soft and growing atm.
so once she's hard she's going in. (Started on a risky sentence, end on a risky sentence)
WOW I'll say :astonished: ;)