Are females more active at certain times?

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know mature males are known to roam and become very active looking to mate, but do females become more active for any reasons? The reason I'm asking is my friend says his usually calm female B. Smithi has suddenly been climbing all over the place...up the walls and even hanging from the lid. He's actually having trouble getting her to stay down. She never did this before. He got her at 2 1/2" Jan. 2010 and she's now a good
5+. I myself have also noticed that my female B. Boehmei has been wanting to climb up as well and she never did before. I've had her about a year and she's about 4 1/2". Is there a "seasonal" trigger that makes them do this? It just seemed odd that not two days after my friend was talking about his smithi's strange behavior that I noticed my boehmei practically portraying the same behavior.

Blaze

Arachnopeon
well if a smithi is on the walls constantly, she might not like the substrate. my smithi does that when the substrate is too wet.

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope...not an issue of substrate being too moist. Neither one of us mist much. I only mist when I know she's nearing a molt.