Are essential oils safe for scorpions?

Ro Rowan

Arachnopeon
I have kept a scorpion before, but I didn't use essential oils around him. i've become obsessed with scenting my room with incense/oils/candles. I'm thinking about getting another scorpion soon, but I don't want to realize one day that i've been slowly poisoning him by smoke or certain scents. I heard that scorpions hate lavender and that cedarwood is harmful for them. but are there any scents that they can be fine in? is it the scent that is specifically bad or what's in them? thank you!!

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Many essensial oil have some compounds that can be harmful to invertebrates, so it doesn't seem like a great idea to me.
I'm sure some are safe, and I also don't know if it would be concentrated enough to cause any harm when vaporized in the air.
Hopefully someone knows more about it than I do. I'm always cautious exposing my animals to compounds they wouldn't naturally get exposed to.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I would keep that stuff to another room in the house. I don’t let anyone light candles in my bedroom anymore.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have kept a scorpion before, but I didn't use essential oils around him. i've become obsessed with scenting my room with incense/oils/candles. I'm thinking about getting another scorpion soon, but I don't want to realize one day that i've been slowly poisoning him by smoke or certain scents. I heard that scorpions hate lavender and that cedarwood is harmful for them. but are there any scents that they can be fine in? is it the scent that is specifically bad or what's in them? thank you!!
Stay away from any scents, oils, cleaners, etc.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Read this AM: There is no regulatory agency that oversees the processing, purity standards and quality control of essential oil products.