Are essence sticks safe for a tarantula

Rocky

Arachnopeon
My girlfriend bought me a sweet looking essence stick holder the other day and itl put it in my room which is where my ts ans leos are also at. I was wondering are essence sticks safe for a tarantula it's not going to be smothered in smoke or anything but does anything the sticks give off harm ts or true spiders? I couldn't find anything and was wondering if anyone else knew. Thanks in advance for the response.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
They're fine to use as long as you're in a well ventilated room. I use them for cultural purposes and haven't had any problem in the 3+ years I've been keeping Ts.

Rocky

Arachnopeon
They are known for being really natural I just wanted to get someone elses view before doing so. I appreciate it guys. I was thinking it would be ok but I like to play it safe.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
They are known for being really natural I just wanted to get someone elses view before doing so. I appreciate it guys.
No problem, just remember the room must be well ventilated.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
They're fine to use as long as you're in a well ventilated room. I use them for cultural purposes and haven't had any problem in the 3+ years I've been keeping Ts.
I smoked for 15 years didn't have breathing problems untill 2yrs ago.. Now I get winded doing arithmetic..

Im not saying your wrong but I would punch someone if they burnt incense around my Ts.. Lol

Just not worth the risk IMO

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I smoked for 15 years didn't have breathing problems untill 2yrs ago.. Now I get winded doing arithmetic..

Im not saying your wrong but I would punch someone if they burnt incense around my Ts.. Lol

Just not worth the risk IMO
True, for me, living in a smallish apartment, I don't really have a choice, but when I do, I make sure to keep the windows open, the fan on, etc.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
True, for me, living in a smallish apartment, I don't really have a choice, but when I do, I make sure to keep the windows open, the fan on, etc.
I've been there.. I remeber sitting up one night in my studio apt and thinking ... lf there is ever an earth quake and I get trapped inside here if I'm lucky something will eat me... If I'm not something is going to envenomate me and the rest will scavenge off my remains..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Have used them for years without issue. Just make sure there the room is ventilated

Estein

Arachnoknight
I imagine it would be worth checking whether any of the scents of the sticks themselves are derived from, say, a plant with oils that could irritate your critters. Not sure if it's necessary, but seems like a good precaution.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
This is all going to depend on what chemicals are present in the incense you choose to burn. And even if they were safe I would only use if WELL ventilated. Especially with leos. I don't know about leos precisely, but reptilian respatory systems are pretty much a joke, infections can be had very easily, and the tissue itself in most reptilian lungs is fragile, heck some even only have one lung, like snakes. Then you have to consider what kind of wood the inscence stick itself is made of. Personally, I just wouldn't risk it, I don't allow smoking around my reptiles, and the T's are in the same room, so they get the benefit.

there are plenty of stories about people getting T's from smokers and the T's are fine, and a cigarette contains much worse than an inscence would, but then consider cedar...that's a nono.

Like I said it may be fine, but personally I wouldn't risk it

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Not worth the risk. I would not use them.

I keep the spraying of any chemicals to an absolute minimum. Even Febreeze I only use in small amounts.

Personally i would not use Incense, it tends to be more potent.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I personally wouldn't but like everyone else has said it just depends on what your burning and what's in it. As a general rule smoke of any kind isn't good for you or the T.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I personally wouldn't but like everyone else has said it just depends on what your burning and what's in it. As a general rule smoke of any kind isn't good for you or the T.
Meant agree, stupid fingers at it again

Rocky

Arachnopeon
My girlfriend bought it I haven't had in one in many years but they helped my sinus so she got it for me again.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Essence sticks? Are they insence or the sticks you put in oil? Either way I wouldn't risk it. But I am curious what you mean by essence stick lol. I stay away from all those kinds of things as I also have a macaw and none of those things are safe around her.