are all b. vagans wierd?

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this is my first brachy and so maybe they're all just wierd? this one sits in odd positions all day. she sits on the glass like maybe if she were a cartoon he took off running and ran into the glass to kind of splat her carapace on the glass and her abdomen still sits on the dirt...like an "L" shape. or sometimes it looks like he just got tired of walking around and decided to lay down kinda like this:

is she just a wierdo or does everyones do this? she just looks so uncomfortable:? sorry if this is kind of a dumb question.

Last edited:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What you have there is a happy T. Good work ! If they spend all their time hidden away or huddled up, that can be a sign of stress. Your's looks great ! My Vagans seem to hang out for hours on end in very odd positions. Don't worry they're OK, they won't even get a cramp :)

illcosby

Arachnopeon
my B. vagans does something "weird" whenever i take it out of its enclosure is seems to leave a strand a silk every where it goes, perhaps to find its way back home? haha.

i think as humans we have remember that the behavior of a spider is completely different than anything we're usually used to, so while a behavior might seem weird its probably quite normal for them...

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cool thanks guys, i wasnt super worried, just making sure that wasnt their way of saying "i dont like this place"

{D {D {D {D

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Said it before and I'll say it again.... All brachys are born bi-polar and most never take their meds! I've never met a sane one.... Sometimes they're friendly and harmless, like the crazy old lady down the street - some are just Charlie Manson wanna-be's....but completely whacko, just the same.
Definitely entertaining sp...... :D

....And yours is perfectly "normal"...lololol

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My B smithi is constantly striking strange poses for hours or even days at a time. Sometimes the positions look pretty uncomfortable or even unnatural but i've come to understand that it's just her being a brachy. They are an interesting genus to observe although at times mine can be a bit pet-rockish.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
PS: Wow did ou ever luck out with that T. She's beautiful!

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your vagans is enjoying it's home as others pointed out. If a T is able to come out and stay out for a while, IT'S COMFY! :D My aureostriata is out majority of the day either in a mini crater it dug up or in a corner cozy. It only huddles up a bit if I go do maintenance or it will choose to walk into it's flowerpot hide and huddle in there. Very cooperative T none the less, it's happy though, it always gets it water and ate recently. It's out as we speak and it stays out majority of the day and night. A great display T and it seems like your vagans is the going to be the same. {D

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have found that most Brachys like to sit out rather than hide. My B. Vagans is no exception, she will always raise her front legs when I fill her water dish too, a real character this one. I have yet to come back in 2 days to feed and water her when she hasn't drained it dry. She always feeds almost immediately after crickets are introduced and yes she often sits and stretches in weird positions. She also climbs a lot mainly just the sides of her tank not the top. She's about 3 1/2 years old and just under 6 inches in size. Of all the Brachys, this one is my favorite:}

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yup, mine is a little off as well.
She sits like that too. She is probably one of my most docile t's, except with her molts. She very rarely flicks hairs. So far i've had her for two molts, and both times she did not want to part with her skins, The first molt took me 4 months to get it out, everytime I tried she would jet over sit on it and give me a threat pose. She last molted on Monday and so far is protecting it.

Damien

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Vagans thought she was an arboreal species for quite some time. Then decided she preferred being terrestrial after all and has done no climbing apart from trying to get at her boyfriend.