Archispirostreptus Gigas: is this normal behaviour?

Xiy9

Arachnopeon
One of our 3 archispirostreptus gigas has a habit of "blowing bubbles". Since we are quite new in caring for millipedes, my husband and I are wondering what this behaviour is.
Do you guys have any ideas? Is this normal for millipedes?

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Blowing bubbles? That's a new one...
What color are the bubbles? Certainly isn't normal behavior, and I can't help but think it points to an underlying health problem.

Is that a heat lamp in the background by the way?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Xiy9

Arachnopeon
Thx for your quick answer.

Oh... I really hope, that he is not sick!
The "bubbles" are completely transparent, like one little water droplet. And the lamp you see in the background is just a normal lamp with a red light.
They love to eat juicy fruits... Could it be something like saliva or anything digestion related?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I really don't know; are the bubbles produced by the millipede itself or are they created when it eats/drinks?

Is the lamp being used to heat the cage, or just being used as a sort of nightlight? I just ask because they can dry out and desiccate specimens very quickly if not used carefully.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Xiy9

Arachnopeon
I think the bubbles are produced by the millipede itself.
The lamp is being used as a nightlight, so the animals aren't bugged by a bright light, and we can still watch them.
The temperature in the enclosure is constantly between 24°C - 28°C, and we try to make sure, that the soil is always moist enough.

KimJongFun

Arachnopeon
I've been having the same problem recently, however I don't have a heat mat or lamp currently on. If there is a dietary relation, he ate apple scraps for a few days.
Transparent water droplets, or at least water like.

KimJongFun

Arachnopeon
My millipede stopped salivating/blowing bubbles, I think it was because he ate some apple