Arboreal T's

SandKing

Arachnosquire
im planning to buy a new arboreal T. can you help me decide what to buy?
i already have A.versi,geroldi,blue velvet,purple.
btw.i dont like ornamental T's.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any Tapinauchenius, T gigas is easily found. Also, Psalmopoeus, P irminia and P cambridgei are easily found.

Both are speedy New Worlds.

SandKing

Arachnosquire
it was sold 2 me as avic spec blue velvet.yep.i dnt like ornaments coz they looked like a stick 2me.i alrdy hav p.irmina and cambridgei

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I'd recommend pokies because you couldn't be MORE wrong about them!!! They have similar build as all other arboreals do, just a more potent bite. Although the Ornata's do got some SERIOUS leg to them. They are very intertaining spiders and when they get frightened, very rarely have mine thrown a defense pose (once at a cricket while in premolt). 99% of the time they run their little buts back to there hide.

But if you STILL don't like pokies, then I would recommend getting a L. Violaceopes. Mine is pretty awsome and is very good at vacuuming up any crickets that find there way into its house :D Another good option would be a Borneo Black, because I want one as well.

And last but not least, even though Iridopelma's aren't all that readilly available in the US to my understanding they are quite amazing to look at!

SandKing

Arachnosquire
are their any colorful T's aside from avic?coz most pokies color range only from light brown to rusty colors^_^

Shimotsukin

Arachnopeon
Lampropelma violaceopes, they have a very beautiful blue color when they reach maturity, but I must say, pokies do have pretty blue/purple/pink highlights

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Actually, alot of pokies have VERY amazing highlights of blue, purple, yellow. I'm telling you man straight up, pokies are the way to go. Once you get one, you WILL NOT regret it, I PROMISE! I didn't like the patterning of them at first either (aside from the p. metallica) but man, seeing them in person changed that right quick and now I have gotten 7 pokies in the last 2 months.

P. Ornata x2
P. Pederseni
P. Subfusca
P. Fasciata
P. Formosa
P. Striata

All are AMAZING!!!

I'd go with a Formosa or Ornata, IMO they look better than a P. Met (not joking) :D DO IT!!!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't personally recommend Tappies since I don't own any...yet.. but I do have all these species below.

They're on the skittish side and hide a lot when in premolt. They become more bold as they grow. Often you will find them out after dark (7pm or later)

Haven't been bitten yet, but I have done a lot of reading on their bites. The venom contains toxins (Capsaicin) that trigger the same pain receptor on nerve cells throughout the body as hot chili peppers. Doesn't sound like a Pokie bite, but would cause some discomfort. These are amazing species, though and would rather bluff or run inside their home instead of biting(unless they have an egg sac). {D

Psalmopoeus irminia
Psalmopoeus cambridgei (biggest genus)
Psalmopoeus pulcher
Psalmopoeus reduncus (heavy webbers!)

Also skittish as slings. They get VERY bold and defensive as they get bigger. In transfers, I just leave the old, smaller cage inside the new until they make some cover within the bigger cage.

Lampropelma violaceopes

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, alot of pokies have VERY amazing highlights of blue, purple, yellow. I'm telling you man straight up, pokies are the way to go. Once you get one, you WILL NOT regret it, I PROMISE! I didn't like the patterning of them at first either (aside from the p. metallica) but man, seeing them in person changed that right quick and now I have gotten 7 pokies in the last 2 months.

P. Ornata x2
P. Pederseni
P. Subfusca
P. Fasciata
P. Formosa
P. Striata

All are AMAZING!!!

I'd go with a Formosa or Ornata, IMO they look better than a P. Met (not joking) :D DO IT!!!
WHAT! No P.Regalis?:?

SandKing

Arachnosquire
+1

I'll bet he likes his salsa made in New York city too!
lolz..really funny.haha

actually im thinking of having a
P.metallica
Lampropelma violaceopes
and i can't still decide on the last T that i would buy..

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you checked out P rufilata? Some of them are almost neon green.

I agree that a lot of pokies that kinda mesh together looks wise, but there are several that really stand out.