Arboreal "pasta cooker" enclosures

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Hi all,

Back in the day I had several tall, plexiglass pasta cooker tubes that were just perfect for arboreals, like avics and stuff. I can't seem to find a lead on where to buy them anywhere, any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Hi all,

Back in the day I had several tall, plexiglass pasta cooker tubes that were just perfect for arboreals, like avics and stuff. I can't seem to find a lead on where to buy them anywhere, any help or suggestions would be awesome.

Cheers.
Do you want them to be cylindrical? Target has rectangular ones. Also you can search spaghetti storage container and they are on amazon and alot of other places. Also search beef jerky canister.

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
Thanks I found what I was looking for, they were called "pasta express", and they are not made anymore :(

I did find a few on ebay and scooped them up. They are 14" and 5" wide, with a strainer top that is great for ventilation.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Thanks I found what I was looking for, they were called "pasta express", and they are not made anymore :(

I did find a few on ebay and scooped them up. They are 14" and 5" wide, with a strainer top that is great for ventilation.
Amazon currently sells the pasta Express for 34.98 a piece, FYI.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn’t use those for Ts that are over 3.5” DLS

And wouldn’t use those for smaller sizes.

Too narrow for my liking.

cold blood

Staff member
I did find a few on ebay and scooped them up. They are 14" and 5" wide, with a strainer top that is great for ventilation
keep in mind, top only ventilation is a less than ideal scenario....top only venting provides virtually no air movement within the enclosure...its an especially poor idea if you keep avics, or any of the species kept on damp substrate.

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
I drill little holes in the sides, no issues, raised several avics to adulthood. They are a little bit on the smaller side as someone mentioned, but very ideal otherwise.