Arboreal molt question (A.Avic)

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
1. Do they web a lot before molt?

2. Let's say a pesky younger brother somehow disrupted the webbing structure just a tad by trying to take it out of the enclosure while I was gone, is it a huge deal to the T? (I always worry about stress)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
1. Do they web a lot before molt?

2. Let's say a pesky younger brother somehow disrupted the webbing structure just a tad by trying to take it out of the enclosure while I was gone, is it a huge deal to the T? (I always worry about stress)
1) If your avic doesn't web at all then yes, but the majority of avics web even if they aren't going to molt. So webbing as a premolt sign for this species is unlikely unless, like I said earlier, yours doesn't web at all.

2) It really depends on how close to molting it was. If it was very near to molting, then yes it could have some problems. If it is a couple of days till molting then it shouldn't cause too much problems, just a lot of unneeded stress. Of course neither of us could tell how long it has till it molts.

Good luck.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd lock my brother out of my room if that was me! :D lol

Avics web a lot.. and they make it solid, so i've found! I think at premoult they normally web more (mine do anyway) and hide away inside the tubes.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
appears it was just a false alarm. He started webbing sporadicallly. nothing major.