Arboreal Gallows

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I have a Versicolor that hangs his leftover “prey balls” nice and neat from his tubes. Never had a T so thoughtful. Curious to see if y’all have any that regularly do this and how common it is?
Too bad they don’t all do it
Below is a pic of it near the middle. He does this every time CA06351E-ADC5-4429-9912-B4879B4A3869.jpeg

cold blood

Staff member
Ive had a bunch of avics do this...they usually grow out of it as adults though, so its something I see more often with slings and their small boli.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Ive had a bunch of avics do this...they usually grow out of it as adults though, so its something I see more often with slings and their small boli.
Dang, I hoped he’d stick with it and eventually have huge blouses hanging

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Mine did it at first until she webbed up the entire enclosure full of tunnels. Haven’t noticed her doing it in her adult enclosure. Most of my Ts put all their bolus’ in a common area. Wether or not I can get to them without disturbing webbing and stuff is another story.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Mine did it at first until she webbed up the entire enclosure full of tunnels. Haven’t noticed her doing it in her adult enclosure. Most of my Ts put all their bolus’ in a common area. Wether or not I can get to them without disturbing webbing and stuff is another story.
Yeh I love that they tend to do that and make a “trash pile”. Makes me think there’s a little more processing power in there minds than we generally think

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Poec,surmised they did this possibly to lure more prey, if I remember correctly. Small flies and what not.. I've had many that do it, and many not.. I've also had avics seal themselves off and nearly wither away,only to greedily drink when I finally had enough of their self destructive behavior and took a peak.. So who knows why Tarantulas, Tarantula the way they do. Lol

Royalty

Arachnoknight
My H.Mac once had a little bolus hanging from the fake tree like an ornament. I kinda wish I took a pic

T Lurksalot

Arachnopeon
I have a Versi that does this too sometimes, and he’s nearly 4 inches. I don’t think it’s deliberate in his case, just when he chucks the bolus away sometimes it’s still anchored a bit to his web from the initial wrapping process. It’s not the first time I’ve noticed something like it with this species, I had an adult female that used to repeatedly get boluses stuck to her maxilla area and drag them around with her until they got scraped off on the side of her hide or such.