arboreal enclosure size?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is a 11" tall x 8" wide x 8" deep big enough for a 7" arboreal?

thanks

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
I don't know what species you are talking about, but I would personally go with something a bit larger. If it is only 8" deep and you put 1-2" of substrate in, the T won't have very much room. If it is an S. calceatum, H. maculata, or any pokie (most pokies easily reach 7", so that was my first guess), I would personally be uncomfortable opening the tank and doing maintenance.

--Dan

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know what species you are talking about, but I would personally go with something a bit larger. If it is only 8" deep and you put 1-2" of substrate in, the T won't have very much room. If it is an S. calceatum, H. maculata, or any pokie (most pokies easily reach 7", so that was my first guess), I would personally be uncomfortable opening the tank and doing maintenance.

--Dan
It's 11" tall. When he said deep he meant looking at it from front to back.

OP,
Yea that should be fine.

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i only have slings, but if they all act the same, i would think they would spend a lot of times going around the container, so i would go bigger.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would go bigger than 8" if it is 7", because if it is trying stretch out it will be cramped IMO.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for all who responded with your opinion. I put my 7" singapore blue in the container mentioned and she seemed to be happy with it. she move around occasionally, but when she is not stretched out fully, she seem to be pretty small in the container and i believe that it's a perfect fit :).