Arboreal Enclosure Idea! (Picture Heavy!)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alrighty... If you are anything like me.. You hate messing with those enclosures that are top loading.. I hate them! So.. I had these laying around & did some cheap modification to keep the substrate in..

I mostly hate dealing with the top loading enclosures with OW tarantulas or the not so nice NW tarantulas.. SO.. This makes me happy.. :D These are going to be for my P. ornata, P. formosa, & P. irminia slings...

Its nothing special at all.. The plastic is leftover plastic I got from cutting a hole in a plastic tub lid to put screen for some vent.. I use hot glue to hold it in place.. Then to keep the lid closed I am using a rubber band..

*Note* I know I misted the enclosures to much.. But it will dry out in no time.. :D

Here are some pictures..

Like I said.. Its nothing special.. Just something I thought of & threw together.. I prefer front load enclosures.. So.. This will work for me! :D

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tommy it's all good!!!! :clap: As long as they can thrive!!!!!
When you get past a certain number of T's, At time's aesthetics dont come as a necessity....

Peace....

Last edited:

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YOU STOLE MY IDEA:} {D

I was thinking the exact same thing, except mine is a little narrower than what you have.

Dexter

Arachnopeon
im not sure i trust elastic bands that much they tend to just snap at some point. I wouldn't trust it to hold any OW like that. You might want to find something else to keep it closed I think.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
im not sure i trust elastic bands that much they tend to just snap at some point. I wouldn't trust it to hold any OW like that. You might want to find something else to keep it closed I think.
if that sling ever snaps that rubber band... Tommy will send u a free sling... lol
I think Tommy is aware of that... rubber bands are like his ducktape...lol

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats genius! I actually have one lying around. Thanks!:clap:
No problem! :D
Tommy it's all good!!!! :clap: As long as they can thrive!!!!!
When you get past a certain number of T's, At time's aesthetics dont come as a necessity....

Peace....
I completely agree! :)
YOU STOLE MY IDEA:} {D

I was thinking the exact same thing, except mine is a little narrower than what you have.
How dare you say such thing! ;P {D
Well.. Since I do use rubber bands on almost every enclosure I have.. I believe I can tell when one needs to be replaced.. Also.. Since they are only there for a little extra safty.. I dont think I will need to replace them for a while.. The container I am using does snap closed.. I just want the added comfort of keeping it closed.. ;) :)
if that sling ever snaps that rubber band... Tommy will send u a free sling... lol
Yeah! My duck tape.. LoL! Whats wrong with duck tape? {D

On a side note... I will not replace a sling if your rubber band breaks! ;P {D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought that was the point here.... After all it's no fun unless we're able to chase escapees every once in awhile :rolleyes:...........{D