Arboreal Advice

mcdeez

Arachnopeon
I have a 18" tall exo terra tank that is just asking for a new tarantula what would be a good suggestion. I would like something big but not extremely agressive i already have 2 a. avic but they are fine in thier kritter keepers.
my current or soon to arrive pets.
Pterinochilus murinus - usambara orange
Hysterocrates gigas – cameroon red baboon
Lasiodora parahybana - brazilian salmon pink
Avicularia avicularia - guyana pink toe (x2)
Brachypelma smithi - mexican red knee (M)
Eupalestreus campestratus - pink zebra beauty
Grammostola aureostriata - chaco gold knee (M-mature)
Grammostola rosea – chilean rose hair (x2)
Pandinus imperator - emperor scorpion

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do we have to pick a T from ur list of currents? :D cuz if not, I would go with A. versi or A. braunshes (cant spell it)...but if I have to choose from ur list, I would go with any aboreal T that u have

mcdeez

Arachnopeon
Actually i am looking for a brand new T something big that would make a nice display. The list is just my current collection not much i know but i am just starting.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice display T, eh? You want an A. geniculata if you're looking for pretty, or L. parahybana if you want huge. They both almost never hide as adults, aren't too agressive, and are priced right.

Just out of curiousity, if you don't like agressive why do you have a P. murinus?

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have a P.murinus and are looking for an arboreal, I would suggest a Poecilotheria regalis. They are beautiful, arboreal and IMO less trouble then OBTs (P.murinus.)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
uh, i thought you wanted a big arboreal? try a. braunhauseni, they grow huge and are beautifully fluffy ;)

you could always go for a pokie as well - a regalis for example grows quite big, same with ornata. both are gorgeous ts, and will run and hide rather than bite. if you are very uncomfortable with fast and above avarage venomous species however, pokies are not for you.

mcdeez

Arachnopeon
in reply to spider fan its not that i don't like aggresive but the P. murinus is my first to see how well i can deal with them(it was a toss up between this and the h. lividum) and the price and color won.