Araneomorph (True Spider) Picture Thread

ForTW

Arachnobaron
That’s pretty cool, congrats on the all the babies. Are you planning to keep them together for a while until they’ molt another time or two to make them easier to work with?
Have a few demands that i will seperate, the Rest will end up in a larger container (more control) and will be raised together to get the strongest 😁.

Just love how good the juveniles look. This colouration!
20220703232956~4.JPG
Hogna maderiana 20220703232934~2.JPG
Heteropoda lunula sub male 20220703232948.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
This is what I saw when I checked the shelf in my office today!
Lycosa tarantula, Heteropoda venatoria, Heteropoda sp flores and Dolomedes triton. All are out and carry their egg sack...
This summer will be associated with some unpleasant work...
Little nimble bastards...

DSCN5746.JPG DSCN5749.JPG
DSCN5752.JPG DSCN5753.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Heteropoda davidbowie 0.1, by far the most relaxed Heteropoda species I keep. I bent the plant 45 degrees to take the picture, which - as usual - didn't bother the yellow devil! Picture 2 shows a still small Lycosa preagrandis from Greece.

DSCN5791.JPG DSCN5805.JPG

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
This is what I saw when I checked the shelf in my office today!
Lycosa tarantula, Heteropoda venatoria, Heteropoda sp flores and Dolomedes triton. All are out and carry their egg sack...
This summer will be associated with some unpleasant work...
Little nimble bastards...

View attachment 423090 View attachment 423091
View attachment 423092 View attachment 423093
Hi sorry to butt into a dead thread but ive been looking for some tips on pairing heteropoda specificially the venatoria like the ones you have if you could give ne a little insight by chance?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hi sorry to butt into a dead thread but ive been looking for some tips on pairing heteropoda specificially the venatoria like the ones you have if you could give ne a little insight by chance?
I know that breeders always take credit for their successes. But that's nonsense. Nothing is easier than breeding spiders. You make sure that both animals are adults, feed the female thoroughly and at some point place the male in the female's terrarium. He either gets eaten or distances himself at some point. Then you take him out. Now all you have to do is wait for the egg sack... that's all... If you have any specific questions, feel free to write to me.

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
I know that breeders always take credit for their successes. But that's nonsense. Nothing is easier than breeding spiders. You make sure that both animals are adults, feed the female thoroughly and at some point place the male in the female's terrarium. He either gets eaten or distances himself at some point. Then you take him out. Now all you have to do is wait for the egg sack... that's all... If you have any specific questions, feel free to write to me.
Thats really good to know, more specific question how do you identify an adult molt from the epigyn