Arachnophobia?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
It's not like i wanted for you to do something to cure me or something I just wanted some tips on how i could improve.
Did you start out owning NW and switch to OW? Or did you jump straight into OW while early in the hobby?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yes thats an issue, thats why I've created this thread in the first place.
What is the issue you are referring to here, love? The inability to provide proper care due to your fears?

Also, no one here has been rude nor disrespectful. I know that intentions are difficult to interpret when reading text; but everyone who has commented means well. :cat: (Even my written words could sound snarky upon reading them, but I promise that I am writing them in a calm, respectful 'tone')

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
I've started this hobby when I was 13, I am 20 now. I've started by buying a B.Emilia juvenile, then I got myself a B.Albopilosum sling. The 3rd one was P.Pulcher sling and then i just bought 3 H.Macs and I have them to this day (3 AF). OW are really stuning, they are just very very beutiful by being agressive.

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
@Leila Have I mentioned that I cannot provide my pets? It just gets me angry at this point for being misunderstood.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've started by buying a B.Emilia juvenile, then I got myself a B.Albopilosum sling. The 3rd one was P.Pulcher sling and then i just bought 3 H.Macs and I have them to this day (3 AF). OW are really stuning, they are just very very beutiful by being agressive.
Again, I don't know what to think, man. How do you rehoused those slings, during years? :-s

Haemus

Arachnosquire
It's not like i wanted for you to do something to cure me or something I just wanted some tips on how i could improve.
Baby steps dude. I still get anxious when I open an enclosure and have to look away just for an instant. But my anxiety can't really compete with my need to take a good picture, so that's what drives me through it. I suggest finding a similar reason for interacting with your collection.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
you want advice, then you whine about it.
if something was stressful and scary to me, id stop doing it. @Jeff23 has the right idea, at least switch out your OWs for NWs, this may not help your fear, but at least you arent in danger of such a bad bite.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I've started this hobby when I was 13, I am 20 now. I've started by buying a B.Emilia juvenile, then I got myself a B.Albopilosum sling. The 3rd one was P.Pulcher sling and then i just bought 3 H.Macs and I have them to this day (3 AF). OW are really stuning, they are just very very beutiful by being agressive.
I think you are misunderstanding everyone. Look at how many replies you have received by people taking their time to try to give you advice. It isn't like we are sitting around looking for someone to troll. I don't know how I can help you any further. But best of luck to you. I hope you do get your issue to a level where you no longer feel it is an issue.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
no, just trade out the OWs since you cant handle them. NWs are more fun anyway ;)

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
no, just trade out the OWs since you cant handle them. NWs are more fun anyway ;)
Take that back! Slow lazy rocks that do dumb things are not better than my highstrung dumb things! My P.metallica had a small fit over a cricket I gave him, and then proceeded to run laps around his enclosure after threat posturing.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Take that back! Slow lazy rocks that do dumb things are not better than my highstrung dumb things! My P.metallica had a small fit over a cricket I gave him, and then proceeded to run laps around his enclosure after threat posturing.
slow lazy rocks without venom. ;)
yeah, metallica are the most skittish pokie ive ever owned.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Jesus @Exoticas, why are you so defensive? There are some great discussions going on here. I just read this entire thread, and it was nothing but people being supportive and offering advice.

I mean, I get where you're coming from - you don't like the jump scares. Fair enough. But you have one of the most high strung tarantulas on the market, H. maculata. You may enjoy this hobby a lot more if you stick to slower, calmer NW terrestrials. The argument of OW coloration doesn't even hold, because there are plenty of gorgeous NW spiders out there.

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
Well I gave E.Murinus as an example for being defensive. Don't have any OW's to rehouse at this point to make a picture for ya.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
you dont have to prove anything to me haha
seriously though, if its too stressful and scary, stick to NW. i wont think anything more or less of you, i prefer NWs myself.

Exoticas

Arachnopeon
@EulersK I'm not trying to be defensive, at least I didn't want it to look this way. I just feel like qutting hobby is the easiest thing to do and I never in my life want to take the easiest path to anything.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In fact I can handle them, just rehousing one right now :)
Your E.murinus 'captured' and ready for a transfer/re-house/cage upgrade: a thing that the arachnophobic people I know in real life would never even dream to do.

Again. I don't know what to think... aside that maybe you enjoyed our replies. Christ, I call me out :kiss: