• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Arachnophiliacs (www.arachnophiliacs.com)

carriefrbarrie

Arachnopeon
Positive

I dropped by Arachnophiliacs in Toronto, Ontario, Canada today and had the grand tour with Bruce and I was so impressed I had to come right home and post this dealer review!
I have to say I was in awe of Bruce's vast knowledge and experience and his customer service was top notch. Bruce spent an hour and a half showing me all my dream spiders and answered numerous questions, never hurrying me and offering advice as we went along. I ended up purchasing a beautiful adult female B. smithi from Bruce as well as an A. seemanni sling but if I had the money I would have bought so much more. All of Bruces spiders were plump and well cared for and his selection was amazing, hundreds and hundreds if not thousands on site. I will most definatly be back to deal with Bruce and I highly recommend him to anyone who would like to buy a quality spider at a decent price. I will only be buying from Bruce in the future as I was so impressed by him!

Sincerely, Carrie :D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Positive

I've been dealing with inverts for several years now and have known about Bruce for almost as long. Due to his reclusive nature, however, I didn't deal with him until the last Port Credit Herp show. While his prices are high (but fair), he has a selection that just can't be beat. If you're looking for a common tarantula or scorpion in Canada then you have a selection of dealers to chose form. If you're looking for some rare and bizarre true spider that nobody has ever heard of before then you might be better looking Bruce's way. I was impressed by his knowledge on a wide array of topics and by the wide array of animals he brought with him. While I ended up buying only two scorpions from him (while Tamara picked up two tarantulas), I have a feeling I will be dealing more with him in the future.

Cheers,
Dave

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

When I decided to return to the hobby several months ago, I surfed and finnally found Bruce. We spoke several times on the phone, as I was very indecisive in my first spider, since returning to the hobby. He took the time to assure me slings were not as difficult to raise as they are made out to be.
I purchased an A. Seemani sling, and recieved it in perfect health. Any question I may have had after my purchase was responded to quickly.As well he suggested I come and visit his collection, for my next purchase. Next time I make to Toronto I will definitly take him up on that offer.

TheRedDragon

Arachnopeon
Wonderful Experience

My boyfriend and I have done business with Arachnophiliacs at least three times this month. We were all vendors at the red Deer Reptile show, and the Calgary reptile show. Their selection was just amazing, and I was drooling over their stunning P. Metallica. :)

Bruce was very helpful and informative, and even sexed some of my tarantulas for me. Both male. *sigh* *L* We picked up 12 spiders from them, and I really hope that they can come to the spring show so I can get tons more. ;) Thank-you to Bruce and the rest of the Arachnophiliacs crew for everything! :)

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive A
the Cyriopagopus i ordered is fat and bigger than he described
also he put in extra roaches in those i ordered
i ordered two dozens and there's like three dozens plus some eggs!!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Positive Experience!

I just recieved two slings from Bruce Carr via Westjet. Everything went smoothly and I would definitely purchase from him again. I bought a 1.5" G. pulchra, very cute! And a .75" B. emilia, which was a little smaller than I thought it would be, but still very cool. Bruce is a very nice person to deal with and I would recommend him to anyone. :)

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another positve A
i just received a L.m.mexicanus and some Discoids from hime today
he is super nice person but however he is outta the biz
so better be quick CanaDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mads

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We're still here!

Hey, just remember, Arachnophiliacs is still alive, just a new owner. Same great quality and great service, just a new location and new contact.

geopet

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dealer Review

I have bought 10 tarantulas from Mads at Arachnophiliacs and have nothing but positive comments. All the spiders were healthy and were feeding the next day. Mads actually delivered them to me in person as he made his rounds to the petshops here in Calgary. He is an excellent honest guy. My only negative comment was that there were 2 spiders with the old molts still in the pill bottles. On the positive side: the service was outstanding, the spiders were all the sizes I expected, the spiiders were all healthy and well cared for, prices were less than half the petstore prices... proof positive that the pet stores literally double the prices. I also notice that he has recently added to his selection of spiders even though there were dozens already. My only issue is how to pare down my new order so I can still make my mortgage payments LOL.

Martin

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Postive

I just had my first dealing with Mads and it was a very positive experience. Spiders came in good time and were well packed. They look healthy and well cared for. Communication was ace, and prices are good. I would definitely recommend Arachnophiliacs to everybody and I will certainly deal with Mads again in the future. :)

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wonderful!!!

I have dealt with Mads a few times in the past 2 months and I have to say he is incredible. Every transaction went super smooth and everything was handled in a very timely manner.

I will definitely be doing more business with him.

Chilkootmom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im new and Mads was FAB

I just wanted to post about my dealing with Mads as well...Mads was patient and offered wonderful advice. I ordered a 3/4" Brazilan White Knee and the price was right...I did regular shipping and they arrived just perfect. Mads even through in a free 1/2" Curly Hair sling and I was SUPER impressed by that. They were packaged perfectly and have been lively and have eaten already and I just got them yesterday. He also gives a 2 week health guarentee and offered to give me advice as often as I need it...which I have really taken him up on enough already ;) Anyway..I have other friends who I've already passed his name on to and would recommend him to others here as well...Happy shopping :)

Linda
:clap:

heytrid

Arachnopeon
<edit>

WELL anyway Mads showed up this afternoon with the order i had placed. great prices, wicked service and well.. i even got a free spider :)

I will never hesitate from now on to do business wiht him and well... already wroking on another order.

Thanks Mads

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fantastic Experience.

I ordered 3 spiderlings from Mads a while back and recieved them today. He had to wait for shipping because of Christmas and New Years so he shipped them late this week. Anyways they all arrived alive and well, and he even threw in a couple freebies for the delay. My experience was great, Mads answered many many emails, in a very timely manner, he was very patient and communicative and always helpful. He has earned himself a repeat customer for sure.

Joe

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mads @ Arachnophiliacs.ca

Positive!

I've been dealing with Mads since early last year and in every case, he's provided me with excellent and timely service.

I've received several large orders now, with no issues whatsoever - all spiders have arrived healthy and in very good condition.

Here is what you can expect from Mads:

- Efficient and timely service, he goes the extra mile.
- Patience and good communication.
- Excellent prices.
- Healthy animals.
- Very good packing.
- Flexible and open to anything.

Needless to say, I highly recommend Mads and his services.

Cheers,

Emmanuel G.

Last edited:

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Another great dealing!

I just came back from Alberta and stopped to see Mads while I was there. He replaced a P. irminia that I had purchased a week before which died(thank you Mads) so he really does go the extra mile. I also picked up a beautiful 2 inch P. regalis at one heck of a good price as well as a S. polymorpha for all you pede lovers. And some crickets to boot. It was a great experience once again and I can't wait to get more spiders and other arthropods from Mads.

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Just got my H.lividium from him today and it is good health and already ate about a hour and half from coming and he even throwed in free A. seemani which was awesome... I expect to deal with him soon again.

Thanks Mads

mo_2

Arachnopeon
Positive

I have dealt with Mads many times and have always been thrilled with his quality animals, my onle complaint has always been that I approach him for one spider and somehow I walk away with 3 (or more). He knows how to twist my rubber arm LOL. Seriously he is by far the best I have dealt with.

Mathius

Prometheus

Arachnoknight
I placed an order with Bruce, his customer service is excellent. We had a few hiccups with the shipping but in the end Bruce went above and beyond to make the order more than satisfactory. I highly recommend him for anyone wanting to purchase anything he has on his posts/website. Thanks again Bruce I look foreward to doing business with you in the not to distant future!

Cheers,

Chris

MarvDJ

Arachnopeon
Positive

Got a really nice female B.smithi from Bruce. She is well fed and well taken care of. Bruce was very pleasant to deal with and I would recommend buying from him. He has a great collection and very knowledgeable about his inverts. I will definitely buy from him again.