Arachnoholics Anonymous?

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
Does such a thing exist..? Because I think I need it...lol I got into the hobby back in april, with what else.....a G.rosea and now here it is sept and I'm up to 50 with a variety of species ranging from brachys to avics to pokies. I just can't seem to help myself everytime I see something cool....or a "good deal" on the for sale section I just can't seem to resist. I already have a room in my house devoted to them, but may need to take over a larger room soon...lol

Hi, I'm Jay, and I'm an arachnoholic......

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'd be the guy who sneaks in arachnohol in hollowed out books.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My wife has the same problem as of late. In the past 3 weeks she has bought 3 A.diversipes,and as of yesterday,a A.minatrix.Seems like we are phasing out most of our stuff and replacing them with arboreals.Cool with me,as they are easy to breed,and they keep me entertained for HOURS on end.Now I have my eyes on just about ANY interesting avic I can find,so I guess I cant really say anything about her,lol...

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[I really don't understand, is being an "arachnoholic" a good thing or a bad thing? Guess it depends on how deep you would like to get into the hobby, but I always thought it was a bad name given to something that isn't... that bad. Kind of confuses me. Hope you will see where I was going with that lol.]

Hi, my name is Dan. I'm a recovered "arachnoholic" that sometimes is consumed by serious urges to splurge paychecks on arachnids, but remembers that he shouldn't. So maybe that makes makes me a recovering "arachnoholic", not recovered.. whatever.

I started with a few Ts, went up to over a couple hundred after a year or so of being in the hobby, made lots of friends and have found many tarantula contacts, and eventually sold it all to go to college.

After the T hobby, I entered the Bearded dragon hobby, but have since given that up too because of work and the time spent away from home during the day, and also that I will be moving soon (No pets allowed :( ).

So, I guess I am sad that I do not have my babies, and that I will not be able to get any more where I am going. But then again, that gives me time for myself, and time to spend exploring and driving to places that I have always wanted to go.

I am down to just one tarantula (P regalis female). I feel pretty good. :)

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
[I really don't understand, is being an "arachnoholic" a good thing or a bad thing? Guess it depends on how deep you would like to get into the hobby, but I always thought it was a bad name given to something that isn't... that bad. Kind of confuses me. Hope you will see where I was going with that lol.]

Personally I look at it as a good thing, and just making light of how addicting this hobby can be. Especially when one has spare time and money...they just seem to follow me home by the dozen. {D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi, my name is Toni and I'm an arachoholic. :}
*in a troll voice in unison* Hiii Tony. :D{D

I'm looking into getting at least 10 more after vacation. Whenever that will be. No matter how many I get, I'm still looking for the next attractive T.