Arachnobros, what is this white stuff?

Ceman2020

Arachnopeon
I've done some googling and I think it's poop but it's so powdery and it covers such a wide area. Hoping it's not mold. She hasn't eaten since i got her about a month or so ago but i assume she's just adjusting. I have a Scorpion and i keep his enclosure super humid and haven't had mold issues. Hers has open gate top she can't get out of but air goes in and out so it's well ventilated. Any input appreciated..

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Probably a mix of feces and decaying bolus. Nothing to worry about, just spot clean it outta there. It looks like it's all in the same general area, which fits - T's will often establish a "refuse pile" in the enclosure where they discard things they have no use for, including feces and remains of meals. Lucky for you it's accessible - that's not always the case.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Probably dried faeces or mineral deposits left behind as water evaporates from the coco fibre.

Hoping it's not mold.
Mould is harmless to tarantulas, just scoop it out and dry out the sub/improve ventilation if the sight of it bothers you.

Ceman2020

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies y'all! Man I love this website. These critters are awesome. They really are little marvels of natural engineering. Glad to know it's nothing to worry about.

Atabby

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the replies y'all! Man I love this website. These critters are awesome. They really are little marvels of natural engineering. Glad to know it's nothing to worry about.
I have an A. avicularia that when I first got her she surprised me by coming out of her web tunnel and spraying feces away from her. It was quite fascinating to watch,, then I got my loupe and took a look at the poop under 10 and 20x magnification. It was awesome.. tiny little white sausage shaped bits suspended in the clear liquid. When dried it looked like gray white sugar pastels/sprinkles for cookies and doughnuts. Interesting. Any mold I've seen, seem to look more fluffy or furry than the spider poop.