Apparently I'm one of those isopod girls now.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Armadillidium maculatum, A. frontirostre, and A. klugii chilling together on some cholla
isopods_01.jpg

Armadillidium maculatum - ngl the chocolate ones are my favourites
isopods_02.jpg

Armadillidium frontirostre with its VERY OWN fish flake
isopods_03.jpg

Trichorhina tomentosa, of which I currently have approximately 5 billion
isopods_04.jpg

More A. maculatum and klugii living it up on some cork bark
isopods_05.jpg

...and eating potato slices omnomnom
isopods_06.jpg

...and er...snuggling. *cough*
isopods_07.jpg

King or possibly queen of the castle. I have no idea how to tell them apart.
isopods_08.jpg

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Nice Armadillidium species!! I love the color variation you find A. Maculatum. I started out with the intent to make 3 vivariums bioactive. Now I gave over 50 cultures. LOL

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Just out of curiosity what makes you like them not knocking it just don't understand

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Just out of curiosity what makes you like them not knocking it just don't understand

There are so many to choose from. I enjoy watching them. I also likely the challenge of getting them to adulthood and breeding them successfully. They are fun to trade for different isopod or even millipede.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
There are so many to choose from. I enjoy watching them. I also likely the challenge of getting them to adulthood and breeding them successfully. They are fun to trade for different isopod or even millipede.
Same reason I like tarantulas and roaches ;)

I dont keep isopods - but they are pretty cute.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I guess they're kinda cool in the community sense and some of them look cool. I always just liked predators more

Johnn

Arachnoknight
I think also since they are all over where i live makes them seem more ordinary

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
Interesting cross breeding in the klugii and maculatum, I've seen maculatum breed with vulgare as well. Wonder if theres any hope for viable offspring out of the closely related Armadillidium.

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Interesting cross breeding in the klugii and maculatum, I've seen maculatum breed with vulgare as well. Wonder if theres any hope for viable offspring out of the closely related Armadillidium.
It seems possible, a cross between Klugii and Veriscolor has been proven to work.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Armadillidium maculatum, A. frontirostre, and A. klugii chilling together on some cholla
View attachment 371366

Armadillidium maculatum - ngl the chocolate ones are my favourites
View attachment 371367

Armadillidium frontirostre with its VERY OWN fish flake
View attachment 371368

Trichorhina tomentosa, of which I currently have approximately 5 billion
View attachment 371369

More A. maculatum and klugii living it up on some cork bark
View attachment 371370

...and eating potato slices omnomnom
View attachment 371371

...and er...snuggling. *cough*
View attachment 371372

King or possibly queen of the castle. I have no idea how to tell them apart.
View attachment 371373
They look happy, glad you're enjoying them :cool:

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I guess they're kinda cool in the community sense and some of them look cool. I always just liked predators more
Well, you're in luck! Get a Porcellio species and notice how you sometimes find bits of the adults and if you're lucky you might even see them in the process of ripping each other apart alive. Can also toss in a raw chicken leg for that full horror swarming experience.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Nice Armadillidium species!! I love the color variation you find A. Maculatum. I started out with the intent to make 3 vivariums bioactive. Now I gave over 50 cultures. LOL
Haha I just threw all 5 of my species in one enclosure and let them figure themselves out. So far so good.
I think also since they are all over where i live makes them seem more ordinary
I have a pretty broad affection for arthropods in general - my first love was tiger beetles. I’m as fascinated by my local critters as I am by exotics, and frequently spend ridiculous amounts of time standing in front of one bush watching all the dynamics of their tiny world.
They look happy, glad you're enjoying them :cool:
Oh Mori they’re an absolute delight. My roommate and I both spend so much time just sitting and watching them go about their tiny lives.
Pretty! Nice T food as well.
If I had any tarantulas I’m sure that would be useful! I haven’t tried feeding them to my amblypygi or scorpions. If the population gets too overwhelming maybe I’ll just drop my forever-hungry Damon diadema in there for a day and see if it goes for them.