Apis mellifera

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Well I resentlly became aware that there are no regulations in the small town that I live in on the keeping of these wonderful insects and am going gung how to learn as much as I can so I can be set up and ready to go next spring to start a hive wondering if there was anyone out there keeping them and if they have any words of wisdom

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Bees scare me, so I don't keep them. I'm sure there's a beekeepers forum somewhere though. It's a much more common hobby than what we do. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Figured there insects thought some one here might have some info sorry that they scare you there so awesome and I'm going crazy trying to absorb all the info I can so I can get started

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you Google "beekeeping" there are a number of blogs and websites dedicated to the hobby that can provide you with valuable information and resources and can also help you contact other hobbyists. There are also beekeeping classes offered by beekeeping and honey producers associations, university extensions offices, and other organizations. My sister and her partner took a beekeeping class a few years ago and they thought it was well worth the effort. (I think they took one of the Master Beekeeping classes through the university extension office.) They have been successfully keeping "urban bees" and producing their own modest amount of honey ever since.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Thank you I will check it out and see what I can find I was planning on taking a class or. A couple of them before I get a hive of my own