Aphonoplema iodius

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Right.....

I heard somewhere that these were meant to be one of the slowest growing slings ever.....

My little guy has moulted 3 times since Ive had him???

I bought him on 29th June and since then we have had moults on 15/07/10, 12/08/10 and today 07/09/10.... he's close to 2" now, another thing is he is quite ferocious for a Aphonopelma....

Although in my eyes that just adds to his charm and character.....

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's cool. I've caught a few of them in my area lately. I caught a 6"ish MM and shipped it to a guy in Cali that mated him. He did his thing, then got munched.

I've another MM right now and I'm shipping him out to the same guy. Anyways, never raised one up. I've heard they can take the better part of a decade to mature though! They are pretty spunky. I'd agree with that.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one, a male, that is now about 5 inches. I had him for over 14 months before he finally molted which allowed me to sex him. It's been another year and still no molt. I've never had him show overt signs of aggression but he is ALWAYS ready to exit his container. I finally got to the point where I fill his water dish by syringe through the holes rather than fight to keep him inside. Never eats, but maintains a nice lush booty so I let him diet. Diane

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's all relative I guess. I have a couple rosies that I have had for three years that are sill around 3/4"-1". They stay nice and fat but aren't really fond of growing. I think they have molted once in their time with me.

Sometimes spiders just like to do things their own way.....