Aphonopelma sp. dwarf sack.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just pulled a sack from what is being sold as "paramoguli"(LOL)
Had 47 eggs that look pretty good,the sack was smaller than the diameter of a dime...Now my question is roughly how long does it take for these guys to hit eggs/w legs?I have a feeling it will be quite a while.. I fashioned a small incubator and placed them in,and now the finger crossing and praying begins..Anyone else that has had a sack of these have any tips they could share?I know there MAY be one or two of you out there...I need all the advice I can get....I am used to arboreals,NOT small terrestrials.The eggs are the smallest I have EVER seen. They make C.fasciatum eggs look huge...

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

eggs have gone bad.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Who knows...They turned grey and wrinkled within 2 hours.The sack was not in the greatest shape when I pulled it,but at first the eggs looked to be in good health.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the eggs were fertile, they may have been too dry. you should have left the sac with the mother until they were ready to hatch, which, if i remember correctly, takes about a month and a half or 2 months until they are ready to go. The mothers are VERY good at caring for the sacs and will make sure the sac is getting proper humidity but not getting too moist. Oh, there is no such thing as paramoguli hahaha!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I I know there is no such thing as paramoguli ;),hence the LOL!( pets,inc spider)
Josh,the sack was just found 3 days after dumping a cup or two of water into its home. I just happened to glance into its burrow,and the sack was SOAKED.It was only pulled due to fears of mold setting in...Now I want to find a male,but do not have the heart to go digging them up.