Aphonopelma sp "Cuernavaca"

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Shelby was given this little guy last year at the ATS conference by Georgio.
He just molted out mature, and he's a small one! He's also the most defensive aphono I've met, especially for a male. He will readily threaten and strike at me when I open the container. Hence the plastic thingy in my hand. Once out of his 'burrow' he's docile as a puddy tat.
Unfortunately, he's destined to live his life alone, since I don't think ANYONE has a mature female.

Last edited:

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice looking aphono....

Any clue as to where they are from? I ask as I have seen some pics of what looks to be that from some friends that run across Ts from time to time and it looks extremely similar.

Phil

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Phil,
no, I don't have a clue...
I don't know where it was found, or if it was CB. It was donated by someone last year, but I don't know who.
It might have been captive born, it was pretty tiny when we got it.
I have not heard of that particular name before or since, either

tarantulakeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holly, I have a mature female I got from Dave M. last year. Let him make a sperm web and let's get them together. I'm in Phoenix. John

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
AWESOME!
PM or email me with your address, and I'll send him as soon as I see him load up :)
Holley

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
}{

Hello Holley,

Speaking of Males, are you still interested in my mature male Carlsbad Green? If so, PM me. My other question is, Is Georgio on the forums or does he have AIM? I talked to him at the conference and he was a really nice guy.

Aloha,

Ben

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He looks a lot like a freshly molted aponopelma I posted a pic of a while back.No one ever could figure out just what species it was.It was in a thread called post molt a chalcodes..Rich

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: }{

Originally posted by Exodus
Hello Holley,

Speaking of Males, are you still interested in my mature male Carlsbad Green? If so, PM me. My other question is, Is Georgio on the forums or does he have AIM? I talked to him at the conference and he was a really nice guy.

Aloha,

Ben
Ben,
yep, I'll PM you on the male. and I don't think Georgio is on here, but he posts occasionally on the ATS Yahoo list.
He is a very nice guy, Shelby really adores him LOL!