• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Aphonopelma seemanni

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got bit by my Aphonopelma seemanni a couple times, both dry, both really did not pierce the skin,

The first time it happened I was holding her, and a roommate walked in my room and screamed, the spider started to bite down,
fortunetly she directly over her cage so i quickly put her down.
and she ran into her little rock hut thingy,

The second time i had just come back from a bit of a vacation, I left her at my parents house, to "spider sit", when i came back
I moved her into a temporary enclosure to clean her normal aquarium, I guess she was grumpy about being disturbed after a couple weeks of me not being around, and she started to bite me,

Its wierd when she starts to bite, you can feel her fangs slowly
start to press into the skin, she gives me enough time to put
her down.

interesting spider

That_Guy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was bit by my Juv A.Seemani today. I am pretty sure it was a dry bite. But it hurt like a MF! It was like gettin stung by a bee(In my mind) Its about 2'. I didnt feel anything odd(EXCEPT THE FANGS!) like a venom effect. It is still swollen. I didnt have treatment. I just but some anti-germ stuff and a band-aid on it.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And It had to happen to me as well!!! After an Escape From a custom built enclosure (REMEMBER TO ALWAYS CLOSE THE LIDS WITH SOMETHING HEAVY AT LEAST!) I found My Female A.Seemanni Out cruzin by my front door (Actucally my Dog found her, Barking at something moving and he couldnt figure out what it was...HE DID NOT get bit though!) And I went to go snag her from the Side of an Old Computer that has been sitting there for a while When I noticed that she had run up my right arm and back down to the palm of my hand....Then she came back over the top and I Felt it...Like a Hot needle had hit me right above my right pinky finger...Kinda made my arm go a bit numb, but other than that...I dont feel much of anything...Still, HATE getting bit Eitherway!

fretman08

Arachnosquire
Aphonopelma Seemani go figure!

I finally got bit but the funny thing is it was by a costa rican zebra lol. Out of everything I have messed with this is the one that gets me. Just a little localized swelling and pain from my hand to the elbow but other than that not too bad.