Aphonopelma seemani Set up!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks good. A small detail is that the hide looks too large/roomy. They like to "crawl" into small confined spaces, and after that dig their burrow. This is one of the mire common mistakes i see new beginner do. But it could work as it is, absolutely! But if you wanted one criticism? Keep the sub slightly moist and you will be good to go

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks good. A small detail is that the hide looks too large/roomy. They like to "crawl" into small confined spaces, and after that dig their burrow. This is one of the more common mistakes i see new beginner do, that they use overdimensioned retreats. But it could work as it is, absolutely! But if you wanted one criticism? Keep the sub slightly moist and you will be good to go

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks good. A small detail is that the hide looks too large/roomy. They like to "crawl" into small confined spaces, and after that dig their burrow. This is one of the more common mistakes i see new beginner do, that they use overdimensioned retreats. But it could work as it is, absolutely! But if you wanted one criticism? Keep the sub slightly moist and you will be good to go

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks good. A small detail is that the hide looks too large/roomy. They like to "crawl" into small confined spaces, and after that dig their burrow. This is one of the more common mistakes i see new beginner do, that they use overdimensioned retreats. But it could work as it is, absolutely! But if you wanted one criticism? Keep the substrate slightly moist and you will be good to go

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Deep substrate

I have my juvenile in about 4". My adult in about 8"

I recently moved the adult from a 5.5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon, after hearing experience from others that they might do better in a bigger enclosure. Sure enough, it started to dig under the hide that same night and now chills there. Didn't try at all in the smaller tank. I expect more digging soon

They are almost guaranteed to burrow

Pics of my juvenile and adult

Attachments

Last edited:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I’m getting my sub adult/ adult aphonopelma seemani this Friday, and I’m just wondering if this set up that I’ve just made is okay for it. Thanks!
I would use even more substrate as your T is an obligate burrower. Just fill up the substrate and bury the hide further as @Vanisher told you so adamantly ( :p ).
And just to make sure... that hide is cut in half, right? ;)