aphonopelma seemani problem!

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
my zebra knee is about 5 inches,and he/she is a little bald by the spinneretts on the abdomen..what is wrong??stress??ready to moult?throwing hairs?help!!!

m.b.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
First of all, don't panic. Your T could be ready to moult, or it could have done some kicking. Seemanis aren't known for being the calmest T's in the hobby.
Is it just a bald spot, not an injury or a wound? If it is just bald, there is nothing to worry about. Even if it does not moult soon with just a little bare patch by the spinneretts it would still be able to kick hairs as a defense. It is most likely just getting ready to moult. Aphonopelmas don't do things in a hurry. I've had my female for over a year and she has only moulted once. The babies, of course moult much more but they are babies.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's nothing to worry about. T's kick hair as a defense, and consquently, leave bald patches. When she is ready to moult, this bald patch will go black and shiny.. when she moults it will be hairy again and ready to kick more :D

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's nothing to worry about. T's kick hair as a defense, and consquently, leave bald patches. When she is ready to moult, this bald patch will go black and shiny.. when she moults it will be hairy again and ready to kick more :D
That's true, don't worry about that the hair will appear again after molt :razz:

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just get it some of that hair growth stuff. {D

nah, just kidding. don't listen to crazy ol'e me! :embarrassed:

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a 5" A. seemani female who gradually went almost completely bald on her abdomen, I was starting to get worried as it did NOT look healthy to me. Looked ugly as hell to be honest. Four days ago she molted into the sexiest A. semmani I've seen. :D

omni

Arachnobaron
will the legs also start to fade before molts? I have a seemanni showing fading, but no scruffiness... no idea if she'll show the same wear pattern as my PZB, and no idea when to expect her to molt. I'm wondering what traits are common to the zebra varieties :?

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yes the legs will fade too. Mine was dull brown all over before the moult, now she's sleek black, legs & all.