Aphonopelma reversum!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Great species. They're kinda picky about habitat, being a species of steep rocky hillsides..

Contrary to popular belief, A reversum aren't always jet black like G pulchra, some are very similar to A eutylenum and can have a 'blonde' morph.. However reversum has one characteristic-- A carapace with a smooth gradient of dark to light, being lightest toward the pedicel. Eutylenum and iodius often have a black or dark eye-turret, but the dark color is restricted to the eye-turret itself.

They're similar to chalcodes and iodius in behavior-- slow to react, calm and generally pretty mellow.

Tfisher

Arachno-Geek
interesting, I was sold an eutylenum and had a hard time believing with was. Ill have to post a picture of her later. Very pretty.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
"Aphonopelma reversum!" sounds like something that Harry Potter would shout as he pointed his wand at Voldemort. :D

The spider is nice and plump.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
They are cool T's but i noticed that all Aphonopelma sp i had (i don't have them anymore) were somewhat lazy eaters if compared to other T's.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They are cool T's but i noticed that all Aphonopelma sp i had (i don't have them anymore) were somewhat lazy eaters if compared to other T's.
All but one of mine are pretty voracious.. lol

eutylenum tend to be pretty active and bite-prone, they'll eat ALOT too.. reversum, iodius, and chalcodes, on the other hand, usually seem to be really slow to react.

Yes, this is a wild-caught specimen. Everything I have I've caught myself.

cold blood

Staff member
Ah ah.. really? Tought they were very easy T's to find in USA being some of them a native USA sp.
Yeah, they're not hard to find, I've just never had one....never really wanted one until recently....well, I always wanted a bicoloratum, but they are harder to find, and really expensive when you do. Not paying that much for a sling that's gonna take 4 years to color up...sexed females are out of my price range. I'm taking donations if anyone is hemmorrhaging Aphonopelma:laugh:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, they're not hard to find, I've just never had one....never really wanted one until recently....well, I always wanted a bicoloratum, but they are harder to find, and really expensive when you do. Not paying that much for a sling that's gonna take 4 years to color up...sexed females are out of my price range. I'm taking donations if anyone is hemmorrhaging Aphonopelma:laugh:
You are right about prices, i've had two in the past (seemanni) and i think i overpayed them :) but lately got fascinated by chalcodes.. for reasons i can't explain.. don't know, seems so cute, so pet rock, so lazy. To think that you can find in USA deserts for free '-,,-'