Aphonopelma paysoni's temperament?

Neot

Arachnopeon
Is this specie docile like Brachypelma albopilosum? I've read from somewhere few months ago that a. paysoni is quite calm and hardy, won't grow more than 5".

Someone want to sell a juvie to me, so I want to gather some info first.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I don't have experience with the specific species but my understand is that pretty much that entire genus are fairly calm generally and great tarantulas for any experience level of keeper.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It may not be as docile as B. Albo. I have 2x A. Chalcodes, one calm but quite skittish. The other isn't so nice. I always get threat postures/strikes from her. I have an Aphonopelma Hentzi that is very calm. The genus is known to be fairly calm, but it all depends on the individual T.

I still say Aphonopelmas are a great genus for beginners.

Mauri

Arachnoknight
It may not be as docile as B. Albo. I have 2x A. Chalcodes, one calm but quite skittish. The other isn't so nice. I always get threat postures/strikes from her. I have an Aphonopelma Hentzi that is very calm. The genus is known to be fairly calm, but it all depends on the individual T.

I still say Aphonopelmas are a great genus for beginners.
Agreed. I read the moderatum isnt for beginners but that's it...could be wrong.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yes. Moderatums have surprised a good few beginners. They can be quite bold and defensive. I really want one though... So bad!

I am having difficulty trying to find any breeders for it in the UK at the moment. Hope that changes soon.

Mauri

Arachnoknight
Yes. Moderatums have surprised a good few beginners. They can be quite bold and defensive. I really want one though... So bad!

I am having difficulty trying to find any breeders for it in the UK at the moment. Hope that changes soon.
Me 2!! And the flagstaff one..let me know if you do am in the UK as well.

I asked the spidershop re Johnnycashi and they laughed saying I think there's a long line waiting/hoping for this T..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Me 2!! And the flagstaff one..let me know if you do am in the UK as well.

I asked the spidershop re Johnnycashi and they laughed saying I think there's a long line waiting/hoping for this T..
Absolutely! I am still on a list for adults up to 60 quid as AF Boehmei didn't make it to packaging :/.. I have been waiting for some good SA to show up aha

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I was wondering why I hadn't heard of it. Are sellers/breeders still sticking local towns names to any WC aphonopelma specimens?

I just googled it there and it is clearly Chalcodes

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I only have A. anax. One of them is kind of skittish and hides when I open the lid, the other either just sits there or threat postures when I do maintenance.