Aphonopelma paloma. Is it (still) a ghost?

keks

Arachnobaron
I saw a video on youtube, felt in love with this tarantula, started to search, and found ... almost nothing. It seems to be like a ghost.
Is this species still unavailable for us? Especially in Europe? There are some threads but they are some years old and they are not about keeping or breeding, but scientific.
To read scientific papers is really very, very hard for my English skills, so sorry, when I should overlook something in this area.
Thanks for you efforts.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I saw a video on youtube, felt in love with this tarantula, started to search, and found ... almost nothing. It seems to be like a ghost.
Is this species still unavailable for us? Especially in Europe? There are some threads but they are some years old and they are not about keeping or breeding, but scientific.
To read scientific papers is really very, very hard for my English skills, so sorry, when I should overlook something in this area.
Thanks for you efforts.
They were on sale here in the uk briefly over the last couple of weeks from tss. They didn't last very long though before they were snapped up

keks

Arachnobaron
They were on sale here in the uk briefly over the last couple of weeks from tss. They didn't last very long though before they were snapped up
This are good news, so they basically are available in Europe. Even when they are sold out yet.
TSS has many very interest offers, this shop is now definitely on my personal watch-list. My apprehensions are, that parcels from UK (but this were only wool for handcraft without risk of death) needs about one week for arrival, one even 3 weeks. I know, this could happen from Germany too.... but that's one reason why it's not easy for me to decide an order by mail :/.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This are good news, so they basically are available in Europe. Even when they are sold out yet.
TSS has many very interest offers, this shop is now definitely on my personal watch-list. My apprehensions are, that parcels from UK (but this were only wool for handcraft without risk of death) needs about one week for arrival, one even 3 weeks. I know, this could happen from Germany too.... but that's one reason why it's not easy for me to decide an order by mail :/.
Yeah they are definitely now available in Europe which I agree is a good thing, as I recall they had a delivery from North America which contained the following Aphonopelma gabeli, sp montane ,sp new river, chalcodes, paloma , eutylenum and a couple of others that I can't quite remember.

I understand your reservations about ordering from the uk but tss are pretty quick and reliable, I know it's kinda irrelevant because I live in the uk but I tend to receive my orders within 24hrs so I suspect it'll take around 3 days for you to receive any order you place

keks

Arachnobaron
Yeah they are definitely now available in Europe which I agree is a good thing, as I recall they had a delivery from North America which contained the following Aphonopelma gabeli, sp montane ,sp new river, chalcodes, paloma , eutylenum and a couple of others that I can't quite remember.

I understand your reservations about ordering from the uk but tss are pretty quick and reliable, I know it's kinda irrelevant because I live in the uk but I tend to receive my orders within 24hrs so I suspect it'll take around 3 days for you to receive any order you place
Thank's for your explanations, it makes sense ;).

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm also in the UK and I've ordered Tarantulas from Poland twice before which took 4-5 days to arrive so I'd imagine that you'd be looking at a similar timescale for them to ship from the UK to Austria.

Both times I ordered on a Friday to make sure they were shipped the following Monday, the first order turned up on a Saturday and the second arrived on a Friday.

keks

Arachnobaron
I'm also in the UK and I've ordered Tarantulas from Poland twice before which took 4-5 days to arrive so I'd imagine that you'd be looking at a similar timescale for them to ship from the UK to Austria.

Both times I ordered on a Friday to make sure they were shipped the following Monday, the first order turned up on a Saturday and the second arrived on a Friday.
I keep that in my mind, thank you :) .
This is a dangerous shop anyway: Beside the tarantulas, they have many very interesting millipedes too :shy: :rolleyes:.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I bet 99 percent of 'paloma' in circulation aren't even paloma. Especially if the carapace is elongate.

boina

Lady of the mites
I had to look this one up - I didn't even know dwarf Aphonopelmas existed :astonished:

Deb60

Arachnosquire

TSS are really helpful, I always call by phone to make an order , usually talk to Sam his really helpful as well if you have any questions.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
TSS are really helpful, I always call by phone to make an order , usually talk to Sam his really helpful as well if you have any questions.
They aren't bad I've used them a lot of times since I came back into the hobby. As a general rule I deal with lee although my 1st ever dealings with tss was done by vicki about 4 years ago. Chris up at Exotic pets is also pretty good to deal with and they have some great stock