User jomel's Tarantula Pictures

jomel102109

Arachnopeon
Are you sure that's Aphonopelma mooreae? It looks a lot like a Grammostola actaeon or Grammostola iheringi.
Hi,
She was given to me and that’s what he said..What is the difference between the 2 ? They are both look alike..lol.. thank you !

1C85661B-EE34-431C-BE04-02EC2A4C11B9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
She was given to me and that’s what he said..What is the difference between the 2 ? They are both look alike..lol..
Grammostola and Aphonopelma have different builds. Additionally, Aphonopelma mooreae tends to have a blue or blue-green carapace with a red-orange abdomen, whereas Grammostola actaeon and Grammostola iheringi are mostly black with red on the abdomen.

If you would like additional opinions, feel free to upload an image to the ID request gallery.

jomel102109

Arachnopeon
What a cute little guy! But yeah, that's not an Aphonopelma moorae. Like Ungoliant said, it's a Grammostola species. They're still wonderful spiders and I'm sure you'll enjoy having him. So fluffy!
thank you 👌

Grammostola and Aphonopelma have different builds. Additionally, Aphonopelma mooreae tends to have a blue or blue-green carapace with a red-orange abdomen, whereas Grammostola actaeon and Grammostola iheringi are mostly black with red on the abdomen.

If you would like additional opinions, feel free to upload an image to the ID request gallery.
thank you 👌

Last edited by a moderator: