Aphonopelma mooreae, and internal Mexico sales

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So I have three questions, but first a quick background.

I'm heading to Southern Mexico next week or in three, depending. I will stay in the deep south until I run out of money or it warms up a bit in N. Mexico.

Questions:

1. Are there any really interesting Tarantulas you all want pictures of from S. mexico? And if so where are they? I plan on being in Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Chiapas, and Oaxaca if that helps.

2. Does anyone have any info on habits or habitat of Aphonopelma mooreae? I know the type locality, but I'm wondering if anyone knows more. Anything specific to look for?

3. Does anyone know the laws on collecting and selling T's within the borders of Mexico? I ask because of a post I just read from someone in Mexico that can't find domestic species on the market. I figure if it's legal, I could collect a pair, and sell them to this person, then be able to stay longer and still eat!

Thank you so much for any info you have! I will reward you with pictures if my camera doesn't get broken/pinched while there! :worship:

Lorum

Arachnosquire
3. Does anyone know the laws on collecting and selling T's within the borders of Mexico? I ask because of a post I just read from someone in Mexico that can't find domestic species on the market. I figure if it's legal, I could collect a pair, and sell them to this person, then be able to stay longer and still eat!
Hello. I'm mexican.

It is illegal to colect any kind of animal in this country, unless you request the appropiate permits; but also, it can't be done unless you are part of a registered, legal, mexican institution (or if you collect them with scientific purposes).

Anyway, you will be in very interesting places. I hope you find a lot of T's and please, post pictures, hehe.

Edit: It is ironic, but sometimes, in order to increase our collections, we have to import mexican tarantulas from Europe...

Last edited: