Aphonopelma moderatum

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im just curious to see who else has one.

I've heard that some people have this species hibernate in captivity, mine doesnt do that but it is sealed in her log hide (Im assuming to molt)

What are your experiences? Mine is very skittish bt Ive never seen a threat pose. Good eater too.

If anyone out there has a male, it'd be great to do a 50/50 and get some more of these beautys into the hobby :)

Heres the best pic i can get at the moment...(shes in there, i swear)

Hedrus

Arachnopeon
She looks great. Thats one on my wish list. Hope you find a male. How long have you had her? Did she grow slow or fast? I would expect very slow if chalcodes is anything similar.

Kenzie

Lady_Bug27

Arachnopeon
Why Thats A Mighty Nice Spider U Has Thur My Fine Friend! I Think Its Constipated! Take It To A Doctor! Asap! ;p {d

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a male due to mature in about 14 months or so. :) He also hides all day long in his retreat...they are moderately difficult to breed, female needs a cooling period in the winter.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have 4 slings, 1.5+" each. semi-shy, pretty skiddish.

but VERY pretty :D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im just curious to see who else has one.

I've heard that some people have this species hibernate in captivity, mine doesnt do that but it is sealed in her log hide (Im assuming to molt)

What are your experiences? Mine is very skittish bt Ive never seen a threat pose. Good eater too.

If anyone out there has a male, it'd be great to do a 50/50 and get some more of these beautys into the hobby :)

Heres the best pic i can get at the moment...(shes in there, i swear)

oh johnny johnny{D you know ive got the BIG female,and she's not too friendly:razz: {D ;P

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an aphonopelma Pallidum, or rose grey. he, also, is very docile, but he threatened to bite me, today. It might of been cause i stuck him on my white covers, today after holding him on the 3rd day. i guess he was just wondering where he was... :)

anyways, mine is very skittish, also, and jumps around when i blow on it. it's kind of funny, and was how i got it out of it's attack pose, today, also.

anyways, the aphonopelmas are uncommon species, i've heard. it's always kewl to find another owner.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A pallidum is a rare hobby species, there are many aphonopelmas in the trade:)

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes, they can be quite skittish.

I've had my small female seal herself into her burrow and not come out for months without molting. I don't think she's eaten anything at this point in at least 7 months.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have an aphonopelma Pallidum, or rose grey. he, also, is very docile, but he threatened to bite me, today. It might of been cause i stuck him on my white covers, today after holding him on the 3rd day. i guess he was just wondering where he was... :)

anyways, mine is very skittish, also, and jumps around when i blow on it. it's kind of funny, and was how i got it out of it's attack pose, today, also.

anyways, the aphonopelmas are uncommon species, i've heard. it's always kewl to find another owner.
what u have is most likely brachypelma verdezi.a.pallidum to my knowledge is not in the hobby so unless u went out into the wild and collected this specimen u might wanna change your label to B.verdezi ;)

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, they can be quite skittish.

I've had my small female seal herself into her burrow and not come out for months without molting. I don't think she's eaten anything at this point in at least 7 months.

Yea I noticed mine out a couple days ago but she went right back in. Whatever makes her happy tho i guess. How big is yours? She's a pretty one. Looks alot like mine..

This is my fav aphonopelma by far, the color on these is great. Its one of the few really "blonde" tarantulas out there.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what u have is most likely brachypelma verdezi.a.pallidum to my knowledge is not in the hobby so unless u went out into the wild and collected this specimen u might wanna change your label to B.verdezi ;)
No, i've checked many sites, and things, and i'm almost 95% sure it's an a. pallidum. i'll look up a pic of verdezi, and see if it looks lik it...