Aphonopelma hentzi slings

fried rice

Arachnoknight
I know that Aphonopelma hentzi is a really slow growing tarantula, but are the slings fun to have? Have yours ever filled their water bowl with substrate or did the “happy dance”?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have 2 adult females...waiting on egg sacs at the moment. My daughter has them sitting on the counter. She watches them and they keep her company while she studies for her medical exams

E59D6E76-5646-4551-867A-3128B369E754.jpeg

I love this big girl...she's dainty sweet.

Last edited:

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Sorry, by fun I meant a tarantula that is active or out in the open a lot.
Each morning I usually find both sitting at the entrance to their burrows. Once the sun is up, the larger older female explores her enclosure often, the smaller, younger female sits at the entrance to her burrow most of the time.

51630A23-9223-4652-B0ED-0D21E3F80DB7.jpeg

They both tend to go down into their burrows most evenings, but then they are back up and down a lot during the evening. At night the big female sits on top of a mound in her enclosure.

76AEFF20-D45E-47E0-9CF9-0F8A97BEC00F.jpeg

I like them, very calm species, even when feeding.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Each morning I usually find both sitting at the entrance to their burrows. Once the sun is up, the larger older female explores her enclosure often, the smaller, younger female sits at the entrance to her burrow most of the time.

They both tend to go down into their burrows most evenings, but then they are back up and down a lot during the evening. At night the big female sits on top of a mound in her enclosure.
Have you had them as slings? Are they out a lot as slings?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
No I have not had them as slings. I know that they grow very slow.

But the end result is rewarding none the less.