• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Aphonopelma chalcodes

Nongkym

Arachnopeon
Mated 10-02-06 at 11:00am.

Introduced a male on loan to my large female last night, and allowed for a face to face this morning. There were 2 good insertions. Male is recouperating to mate with another female.

This was my first breeding attempt.:D

I will post a progress report as it occurs.

Ice Cold Milk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unsuccessful:

Mated 2 females starting on September 26th, 2006, and continued mating every few days for over a month.
Summertime temperatures (south africa) came and went, and as of the end of March, both females have now molted.
Darn. :(

-=ICM=-

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Female molted this spring. Received male in June. He made several sperm webs. Tried several methods that involved moving the male to mate. This made him to nervous to mate.

07-10-07
Had success on the second try of introducing the female to the male's enclosure. He sensed vibration when female was prodded toward his hide ran out and ended up on top of her. She remained completely still. After a minute or two, male backed up and used his hook legs to push her up. They were in this position for 2-3 minutes. Male then backed off using his legs to push her back and gain some room. He then scampered up and out of the enclosure. Female moved to her enclosure. Cannot get cool temps until this fall.

mid-statespets

Arachnopeon
Not that I really needed anymore of them but figured I had them so might as well. This was the 1st attempt on 8-9-08. It was rather violent. She crawled up the side of the tank while he was drumming. She started drumming then jumped off the side on top of him. I knew it was all over for him but they rolled around for awhile then went straight to business. I will use another male today and then switch them back and forth for awhile over the next couple of weeks. I need to thank Eric of L and P reptiles for the hookup on these 2 fine young men. <edit>

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Unsuccessful

Not even sure if the male my wife and I caught here in Tucson was an A. Chalcodes... it was definitely a mature male and we thought it looked like a male Chalcodes so we gave it a shot with our 5" female. The male was put into the female's terrarrium and he wandered around for about fifteen minutes drumming and scraping the ground. She came about half way out of her burrow as he got closer. She quickly came completely out of the burrow and he ran up the corner of the cage with her in pursuit. To sum it up, she had a good dinner after a brief chase.

Last edited: