Aphonopelma biroloratum breeding?

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
I have just got an adult pair of these lovly t's. However, these are my first adult spiders. I have only ever bought spiderlings.
I am going to give a go at breeding them, but im nervous that i will put them together when they are not ready and cause injury or worse to ither of them.
Please help!!!!:?

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have just got an adult pair of these lovly t's. However, these are my first adult spiders. I have only ever bought spiderlings.
I am going to give a go at breeding them, but im nervous that i will put them together when they are not ready and cause injury or worse to ither of them.
Please help!!!!:?
Step one here is to get them both settled into enclosures. Is your male mature? He should have embolus on the pedipalps (boxing gloves or bulbs) and tibial apophysis (mating hooks or tibial hooks). The pic is of a G. rosea, but it should give you an idea.

If he is mature you will likely need to give him time to make a sperm web (assuming he hasn't already, whoever you bought them from might be able to help you here), if you search you should be able to find pictures of these (so you know what to look for). While you doing all that and waiting for your male to make sperm webs you can fatten up your female.

There are many different opinions on actually introducing the male and female, and this varies between species and individuals. Your best bet here would be reading the breeding reports and develop your own opinion of what you think will work and then try it.

pink-lady

Arachnopeon
Is it true that these male T's change to a all over black colour (lose their gold) when mature?
He isnt mature yet anyway cuz he is still eating and no web making.