Anyway to encourage a T to be more active?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, I decided to kinda make my GBB's hide a burrow as something different to look at. I know i'm selfish! Well I did this about 3 days ago and Lillith has done nothing but web the inside of her hut. This is just not going to work. I was expecting her to start to lay a catch rug which in her case the last one was about 6 in. by 8 in. I tried to salvage that one but the dang peat moss got it all dusty and brown so that wouldn't work either. I know you can kinda slow a T down by giving it a cool down period but can you raise the temp and make them more active? Or can you do anything to encourage activity? I don't want to stress her out but if there is anything I can do on my end without disturbing her that you know of it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Trey

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So, I decided to kinda make my GBB's hide a burrow as something different to look at. I know i'm selfish! Well I did this about 3 days ago and Lillith has done nothing but web the inside of her hut. This is just not going to work. I was expecting her to start to lay a catch rug which in her case the last one was about 6 in. by 8 in. I tried to salvage that one but the dang peat moss got it all dusty and brown so that wouldn't work either. I know you can kinda slow a T down by giving it a cool down period but can you raise the temp and make them more active? Or can you do anything to encourage activity? I don't want to stress her out but if there is anything I can do on my end without disturbing her that you know of it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, Trey
Get more spiders. With all the critters in my profile, someone's always doing something interesting ;)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only way to make a T more active is to irritate it and make it uncomfortable in it's surroundings and you don't want to do that. As said above, if you get more, you'll have something to look at all the time. Don't hold you breath though. I've got almost 50 T's and there are times when every one of them is doing nothing. That's what I like to see because it means I'm doing a pretty good job of makeing them happy.