anyone with pic of mature male B. smithi ?

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone have a clear photo of a fully mature male B. smithi ? I'm specifically wanting to look at the front legs and pedi-palps for male sexual characteristics. I have a confirmed male (and was re-confirmed today - molted this afternoon), but it doesn't look like this was the maturing molt (I think)..I am not noticing anything different about him and figured looking at a photo would help. Thanks.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you are not seeing an obvious change then you are correct the male is not mature yet. You can't miss the change that happens in Brachy’s. I have a picture somewhere, ill dig one up when I get home unless someone else posts first.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is not a B. smithi but an E. uatuman. Non the less, this is a mature male and this is what you will see on your smithi when he matures.

I don't have a good pic of the palps for you but here are the very obvious hooks you will see when he matures. I hope this helps.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've got a B. smithi whom I suspect may be close to maturity, pretty sure it's a male. He paces the tank constantly, exactly like every other mature male I've seen. Except he's not mature. Has anyone noticed pacing/wandering in penultimate smithi males? I have wondered about this.