Anyone with Lp slings

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I got a couple of Lp slings yesterday that are about 1/3". I immediately changed out it's substrate for coco fiber and put them in new homes. I fed them a small cricket this morning and they wolfed them down. Because of their size I am keeping them on fairly damp substrate in a warm area. Is there anything special I should know about caring for the little ones?

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Other than them growing like weeds, and eating you out of house and home, sounds like you got the basics down.

I keep my 3/4" and under slings in small pill vials (although it wont be long before you will move to deli cups), with damp substrate on one side (generally around 70% humidity according to my digital hygrometer). The temp in my T room is 82 during day, then falls to 76-78 at night. I also have kept the L.difficilis, L. klugi the same way. In no time mine reached 3" legspan (they molted every month and gained good size each time) and still eating me out of house and home {D

I generally fed mine 2 times a week, usually 1 B.dubia nymph or small mealworm, although they would be willing to eat more than that, lol.

They are rather hardy, and eat like pigs and grow like weeds. Got to love them. They are my favorite T.

Last edited:

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have them in small acrylic containers right now, and all the substrate is damp. Whenever it dried out I will keep only one side damp I suppose.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have them in small acrylic containers right now, and all the substrate is damp. Whenever it dried out I will keep only one side damp I suppose.
That is fine, just as long as the substrate isnt swampy. They do good from 65-80% humidity, and it doesnt hurt to have a small dry area for them to retreat too. I usually do a 1/3 rule while keeping humidity up for them. (1/3 of the enclosure is damp substrate). Of course everyone has there own way. Hopefully someone else may key in and give there input as well.

As adults, they do good with just a large water dish, overfilled each week.

I keep my smaller slings in these.

Hard to see the little bugger, hes snuggled pretty good in his burrow.

In about 2 months time they went from 1/4 to 1 inch+ and ended up in these

Then about 4 to 6 months, they were almost too big for these.

They grow like weeds.

Last edited: