Anyone who owns a P.Irminia Please Read!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
ok I have a 2.5" Suntiger and she has been sitting in her web for almost 2 weeks and hasnt eaten a thing... I have even put the crickets inside her web and she doesnt touch them they eventually just crawl out and I remove them. What I am curious about is how long did your Suntiger stop eating for before it molted? I am getting somewhat worried about her now. Someone please get back to me thnx.

TheDon

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My Suntiger isn't even an inch across and went off food for well over a week before moulting, which I thought was a fair wait for such a small tarantula.
The rest of the time it's a voracious feeder.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

I have 2 P.irminia's right now in my care, i would suppose P.cambridgei is pretty much similar, i have 3 P.cambridgei, all three have molted in my care, and take about 3-5 weeks before actually molting. Hope this Helps!

James

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
3-5 weeks of no eating? or 3-5 weeks in between each molt?

Thnx for the replies

and also did it become rather lazy? mine doesnt move all too much right now just sits in her web

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Don,
Heres the story, my Psalmopoeus all take about 3 weeks or maybe even more after stop eating and then it would molt, mine did get lazy and both created tubed webs and kept on adding web to it, then it would shed that afternoon or night! I wouldnt worry! Hope this helps!

James

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
3-5 weeks of no eating? or 3-5 weeks in between each molt?

Thnx for the replies

and also did it become rather lazy? mine doesnt move all too much right now just sits in her web
My irminia is particularly lazy, and yes it gets much worse pre-moult. :)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
ok thank u once again for the responses. I have one more quick question... How moist do u keep their substrate? and at what humidity?

thnx

TheDon

I just want to make sure everything is going to be ok

oh and another thing... I am curious if it is safe to nuke substrate for awhile to steralize it?

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
No Problem;)
I will occasionally mist them, once every 2-3 days, not flood moist but moist. My humidity is 72-75%, IMO, its ok to sterilize substrate, i wouldnt worry too much about, if i am wrong guys please correct me! Hope this Helps again!

James

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Usually when mine is near molt, I see it on the ground for about a week. It just molted last week, and once I noticed it relaxing on the floor I didn't bother with feeding, and it molted the next week..

Took this one last night. Note the green.. I dunno what that's all about, but she seems healthy and fast as ever.

Bill

Attachments

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hey con nice Irminia!

ok to the point, how do you handle yours? mines about the same size maybe a little bigger, how did you get yours out? and how was she when she was out?

cause i wanna get mine out and take some pics, but when i first got her and tried putting her in her jar she bolted well more like teleported onto the setee!!!

so any tips on handling Irminias please :D

oh and on topic, i would never worry about a T not eating, if its hungry it will eat if it isnt its not hungry......

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
Ive also been having a similar problem with one of my A. Versicolor slings. Well she is about 2.5in and she ate the 2nd day i got her, and ever since she has created a very nice web at the top of the encloser and hasnt come out to my knowledge in about a week or so. Im thinking possible molt. So i guess well see.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Grael
hey con nice Irminia!

ok to the point, how do you handle yours? mines about the same size maybe a little bigger, how did you get yours out? and how was she when she was out?

cause i wanna get mine out and take some pics, but when i first got her and tried putting her in her jar she bolted well more like teleported onto the setee!!!

so any tips on handling Irminias please :D

oh and on topic, i would never worry about a T not eating, if its hungry it will eat if it isnt its not hungry......
Patience, and a spare deli cup to catch her. She ran up my arm, and onto the wall last night, and it took two of us to trap her back into the new cage.

Bill

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Patience, and a spare deli cup to catch her. She ran up my arm, and onto the wall last night, and it took two of us to trap her back into the new cage.

Bill
lol i better get some spider catching equipment ready then........

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I agree thats an amzing picture... mine looks to be about the same size as yours either that or it looks a lot alike mine. I dont think I would try and hold mine right now though as she is far too fast.

TheDon

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Speaking of P. irminia, mine just molted last night. She is getting big and is very healthy looking.