Anyone tried to hand raise centipede eggs?

Oompoofishy

Arachnopeon
I was doing a last check on my inverts before sending them off to a sitter and realised that I have no seen my Green Form E Rubripes in awhile. I searched around for her, shone light through her tunnels and I saw her with eggs! However, the very next moment, she started eating them. The light and the commotion must have disturbed her unfortunately. I immediately dug around and she dropped her eggs.

I collected whatever was left and was wondering if its possible to hand raise pedelings? Anyone has any experience? Any advice would be appreciated!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Don't think anyone's ever done it (that's not saying much though, as I don't believe many have tried), but chances are she'll lay a second clutch next year. I had a tiger rubripes eat her clutch last year due to dehydration, and she dropped another one this year, even after molting.

NYAN

Arachnoking
The mom cleans the eggs constantly and her saliva contains components that prevent them from going bad. I imagine that this would be hard to replicate.

Oompoofishy

Arachnopeon
Don't think anyone's ever done it (that's not saying much though, as I don't believe many have tried), but chances are she'll lay a second clutch next year. I had a tiger rubripes eat her clutch last year due to dehydration, and she dropped another one this year, even after molting.
Sorry, I’m still pretty new to centipedes so I’m about to ask a stupid question. Does this mean that females can lay and the clutch will hatch even without a male?

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Don't think it would work that well...
You were probably better off leaving her with the eggs
Without the mother to take care of them, I don't think the eggs would make it, that's how all the failed breeding reports end...
Good luck next clutch though

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Wouldn't work since you can't replicate what the centipede does exactly to the eggs. Best to try again next year