Anyone timed it

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
has anyone timed how long it takes their T's to eat one cricket, and if so how long does it take and also the sp. of the T

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My E. Murinus can and will slay 3-5 crickets and mash them all into a nice ball of squishy goodness and suck on that for about 90 minutes.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, whats the point of that? No I haven't but somewhere around 90 minutes is for most of my larger spiders, of course that depends on how much I feed them.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my P. Regalis will eat a big cricket in about 10 mins :D but never really timed it with a timer, will have to do it some time lol

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
time

Dont know exactly, but my 6-plus inch parahybana considers 1 crix to be a little snack, and she downs one in maybe less than an hour. She leaves hardly nothing of it behind.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think my fastest eaters are the smallest ones (0.5"), it seems like they make pinheads disappear in about 10-15min. each. Of course, I could just be losing track of time too...lol.

I'll have to check it. I often wondered if different species can break them down faster or not. Seems logical since they have different venom potency levels...maybe not. Would be interesting to find out though. :?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont feed the big ones crix
I feed roaches
but
My 3" or so A. metallica ate a 1.5" discoid in about 20 mins lol
it was a 1" when i put it in the tank and it hid out somewhere and came out today and hid in this nice white mesh stuff on the celing of the tank lol but didnt notice the previous occupant till it had fangs in its back lol

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My avics eat crix in like 20 minutes..with NO leftovers...which is strange.
I watch them every time and each cricket just turns into a smaller and smaller ball of goop till nothings there...are they just really hungry or...what?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my adults will generally eat one cricket in an avg of about an hour or so.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it realy depends on the species...about 45-60 minutes for my p murinus to eat 3 crickets, my B smithi's eat 2 crickets (the Smithis 3") in aprox 30 minutes, my a. geraldi eats 1 large cricket in 45 minutes and my group of a. avics average about 50 minutes for 3 crickets....

lots more T's but i havent timed them yet...