Anyone recognise this T ?

screamingdemon

Arachnopeon
hi peeps does anyone know what this Tarantula is ???

i bought it from the BTS show last year (2006) and she is growing like no ones business lol, she had shed the day before this picture

i know its not too clear but i will try and get more pictures.......

please help

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I.D.ing from a pic is never 100%, and the pic you have is REALLY poor. It could be anything from what I see. Is there a chance you could get a better pic and an approximation of size ?

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dont think its a brachy, i would say Aphonopelma bicoloratum if i had to guess...

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not.......i could be wrong and nowhere near that knowledgeable...since the pic ist that good it very well could be either...
i just looked at the carapace, i think with brachy's its alittle more flat...but talkenlate would be a better person to weigh in on it though

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not.......i could be wrong and nowhere near that knowledgeable...since the pic ist that good it very well could be either...

Well still i think you are!! My answer was a wild guess because it looked like a B. smithi to me. The legs were orange and had black at the bottom of the feet. So still your probrarly right i try to gain knowledge from other peeps on here im not expert but i try!!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well still i think you are!! My answer was a wild guess because it looked like a B. smithi to me. The legs were orange and had black at the bottom of the feet. So still your probrarly right i try to gain knowledge from other peeps on here im not expert but i try!!
lol we all do.........

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i's say a. bicoloratum as well - the adomen and carapax do not look like a brachypelma species, but that might as well be the pic.

is the carapax slightly raised (like an elongated hill) and are both the capapax and the abdomen rather oval than round? that would speak for an aphonopelma bicoloratum.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
fast growin ya say? sorta rules out brachys and aphonopelmas lol
maybe Megaphobema robustum? like others have said, pics are hard to tell by

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nah, I don't think its a Megga R, lacks the long red abdomen hairs and bushy back legs, as far as i can tell in that photo. Mine looks nothing like that, nice spider tho.....

screamingdemon

Arachnopeon
Hi ......

Sorry about the earlier pics but heres 2 more, one of the shed skin and the other with a penny by the T so you can see the size......

thanks in advance

DEMON

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ah, that's way better. i was wrong, definitely not aphonopelma - i guess it's pamphobeteus after all.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm going to go with Pamphobeteus insignis. Very pretty T, I should get one :)

Let's have a close up of the moult, and we can sex yout T too...