Anyone Raised A Chaco Up From A S'ling?

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Curious to know how long it takes. Got mine in April at 1/2 inch legspan. Now, it is 1 1/2 inch legspan and almost looks like what it is supposed to.

Adrian

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chaco

Chacos? Gotta love 'em but sloooooooowwwww growers they are. I got a few from the first person to breed them about 2 years ago, they are between 1" and 2". Slow metabolism, keep them on the dry side with water dish. Adults are voracious pinkie eaters. I've hooked up a couple of females this season.

N-Joy
Midwest Art

Last edited:

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My Chaco molted last night. Went from a whopping 2.5 inches to 2.75". Not a lot of growth, but I had heard they were notoriously slow growers.
Still though, a beautiful tarantula and one I'm hoping to have for a very long time!

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not so slow a grower as a G. pulchra, though. I've got 3 slings, 2 are just hatchlings and wee little farts. The other is somewhere between 1 to 2 years old, about 1.5", and starting to get the adult yellow markings. I've had the older one for about 5 months. So far, it's been moulting about every two months and growing a good 1/4" each time.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chacos!

I bought a Chaco from Kelly Swift last May. He was 1", now he/she is about 2 to 2 1/2". It is a very aggresive feeder, and probably the tamest spider i own as well. You always have to wait awhile for the molt and preceding fast though.