Anyone own a emerald skeleton?

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just wanted to know if anyone has one? and if you could tell me some info on them. I think they are really beautiful, and would love to get one. but i want to know how they are and what type of care they need. thanks a lot! luv yuki

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
If you mean Ephebopus uatuman, then they burrow and move a lot of dirt as slings, but as they grow seem to hang out around the mouth of their burrow IME (not out of the burrow though). Very pretty, and web a good bit.

-Sean

TJPotter

Arachnopeon
This link has some god basic info....

http://www.eightlegs.org/emer/emer.html

I keep mine (she's not quite 3") in a small (not mini) kritter keeper filled almost to the top with cocofiber, a big water dish, and some green moss (mist the moss regularly), they tend to be a bit more humidity dependant (or so I have heard- so I am not taking chances, and keeping them somewhat avicularia-like). Pretty much, keep them warm, humid, and give them deep enough substrate to let them dig.

I am sure other people can chime in with more detailed info for you!

T

smokin' boas

Arachnopeon
they love to burrow, provide it deep substrate to do so. keep it on the humid side in the enclosure. they like moisture. with mine, i put water in it's bowl 3 times a week and mist about twice a week. some people do more, but mine are doing great and i don't want things get stagnant. they are fast and not very "friendly". prepare for it to take off running and jumping every now and then, you've got to be careful tansporting it and stuff. it's one of my favorites out of my collection. hope this helps.

* edit: sorry i thought no one had responded to yuki's post when i was typing this.
I just wanted to know if anyone has one? and if you could tell me some info on them. I think they are really beautiful, and would love to get one. but i want to know how they are and what type of care they need. thanks a lot! luv yuki

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok well thanks a lot! i still am going to wait on getting one untill i know i can take great care of it.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep mine in a small K. Keeper also. She seems to enjoy a little more moisture than most of my collection so I keep the substrate just a little damp and I keep her dish full. She's still a sub adult so she's quite fast. I've gotta be mindfull of that when the lid is up but she has a good hide so it is normally not a problem.