anyone near Colorado Springs?

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi,
There used to be a pet store called Exotic Pets. They had locations around Fountain/Security and one on Austin Bluffs (I know that you go right off of Academy and then the name changes).
They had some T's.
This was 15 years ago though and the guy who owned the shops was a complete idiot (no heat in the stores at night in the middle of winter....I rescued two boas from him)
Anyhow.......maybe he is better now if he is even around.
There was another place that sat near the Bekins Van Lines warehouse just off of Galley Rd.
Once you cross Powers on Gallery heading towards Peterson AFB, you take a right on the road before the Loaf and Jug and drive back in there.
Hope this helps...I know they are not dealers but if any are still around, you might have some luck.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Hi,
There used to be a pet store called Exotic Pets. They had locations around Fountain/Security and one on Austin Bluffs (I know that you go right off of Academy and then the name changes).
They had some T's.
This was 15 years ago though and the guy who owned the shops was a complete idiot (no heat in the stores at night in the middle of winter....I rescued two boas from him)
Anyhow.......maybe he is better now if he is even around.
There was another place that sat near the Bekins Van Lines warehouse just off of Galley Rd.
Once you cross Powers on Gallery heading towards Peterson AFB, you take a right on the road before the Loaf and Jug and drive back in there.
Hope this helps...I know they are not dealers but if any are still around, you might have some luck.
thanks man! i'll definitely check it out!!

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I Beleive that the store they are talking about has closed down honestly.... :(

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Closed

Hey!

First post here.

I live in COS and they have definitely closed Exotic Pets.

I don't know of any breeders/dealers here, but I do know a lot of people who go to Denver to get their T's and such. We may have already missed it but there's an annual expo up there. Petco actually had some fliers about it the last time I was getting crickets.

Can't be much more help.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's a pet store out off Powers and something (forgot the cross street) that has some T's, But they CONSTANTLY misslable EVERYTHING that they have...I'd HIGHLY discourage any of ya to buy T's from them! It's not worth the trouble....Scales N Tails seems to be the place to go....Either in South Denver or in Thornton For T's...If not, Check out Reptist's List, Brandon is awesome to buy T's from ;)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
There's a pet store out off Powers and something (forgot the cross street) that has some T's, But they CONSTANTLY misslable EVERYTHING that they have...I'd HIGHLY discourage any of ya to buy T's from them! It's not worth the trouble....Scales N Tails seems to be the place to go....Either in South Denver or in Thornton For T's...If not, Check out Reptist's List, Brandon is awesome to buy T's from ;)
yeah, i keep hearing good things about scales and tails. and i also HATE the petstore off of powers and constitution also;)

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
??

Haha, there's a petstore on Powers? Doesn't sound like I'd want to go there but, man, I need to get out of the house more! I had no clue.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've delt with Rich up at Scales N Tails North for YEARS now...Not once have I had any problems getting something that I wanted, or Have had him order...He's really nice to deal with too...In fact, I JUST picked up a MM G.Rosea and a HUGE Lasiodora parahybana...If he doesnt have it, He can Order it for ya! About sucks that the Expo Is THIS WEEK! IF someone's going, LMK...I Need to Get a couple T's and I'm Sure SOMEONE will have them at the show!

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
FYI. They are trying to do the expo every three months or so... so the next one is in november. Nov 10th according to the website.:
http://www.rockymountainreptileexpo.com/

Botar is generaly at thouse shows.... though I notice his site lists nov 3rd. I wonder if there was a recent change in the date.

Also - Scales n tails North is the store I go to weekly for supplies. I've bought both snakes and spiders there.

- Sharon

Last edited:

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oOo...Maybe if we can get everything together for the RMEPS by this next expo we can hand out some flyers... or maybe set up a booth! ;) Haha, just to get the word out and the membership up.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oOo...Maybe if we can get everything together for the RMEPS by this next expo we can hand out some flyers... or maybe set up a booth! ;) Haha, just to get the word out and the membership up.
Setting up a Booth wouldnt be a bad idea, But it's Expensive last I checked...And without a large quantity of spiders/reptiles/and so forth to sell...There might be a way to potentially be one of the sponsers the show, if that happens then we might be able to work something out ;) I'll check into it a bit later on and see what we'd have to do