anyone like purse webs

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I want to. I have Sphodros in my state, haven't seen one though. I gotta go hunting sometime. I always find Myrmekiaphila, but im not complaining. It's so cool to have native Mygalomorphs. Nothing better than free pets :cool:

SarahAntula

Arachnopeon
Do they make good purses? ;)
I need a purse web so I can purchase more T's.:}:D
Sigh... I wish there was a wallet web spider.

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
I like them. They form a unique group of spiders. Only 4 mygalomorph species are found in Hungary, 3 of those are atypids. :cool: One day I'm going to go on a field trip in hopes of finding them.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i keep em aswell,very interesting spiders:clap:also keep the traps too:worship:

King Leonidas

Arachnopeon
I like them. They form a unique group of spiders. Only 4 mygalomorph species are found in Hungary, 3 of those are atypids. :cool: One day I'm going to go on a field trip in hopes of finding them.
I own 2 Purseweb spiders:)

Sphodros abotti Purseweb spider
Calommata simoni African Purseweb spider

They are extraordinary;)

Peter_Parker

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
best times for hunting?

I was going to start a completely new thread on this topic, but since you guys are already talking about pursewebs I'll just tag it on to yours ;) I've been told we have Sphodros niger in our area but I've never seen one (though to be honest I haven't started looking until recently lol)... I gather that the wandering males are the easiest to target and I'd use them as a tip-off for areas where females may be located... I was just wondering what time of the year you guys have noticed the males coming out? Or even what time of year adult females are best found?